Autism Awareness Happy Hour
Awareness Makes the Difference
Date: April 26, 2013
Location: Traffic Bar, 986 2nd Avenue, New York, NY 10022 (between 52nd and 53rd)
April is Autism Awareness Month! Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and autism are both general terms for a group of complex disorders of brain development. These disorders are characterized, in varying degrees, by difficulties in social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication and repetitive behaviors.
Did you know:
- Males are four times more likely to have an ASD than females.
- Experts estimate that 1 out of 88 children age 8 will have an ASD.
- As early as infancy, a baby with ASD may be unresponsive to people or focus intently on one item to the exclusion of others for long periods of time.
- For many children, symptoms improve with treatment and with age.
- There is no cure for autism.
Come out and support a great cause!
Proceeds from this event will go to Autism Speaks, a non-profit organization dedicated to autism research, advocacy, and awareness.