Theatrical Teaching Institute (TTI) is a six-day opportunity for teachers and teaching artists to add to their "toolkit" of teaching strategies and to stimulate their own intellect and creativity by exploring Roundabout's Theatrical Teaching Framework which posits that every great lesson has the elements of a great play.
August 17 - 22, 2014 (breakfast included)
Sunday, Aug. 17 9:30am–5:00pm*
Monday, Aug. 18 9:30am–5:00pm
Tuesday, Aug. 19 9:30am–5:00pm
Wednesday, Aug. 20 9:30am–5:00pm
Thursday, Aug. 21 9:30am–5:00pm
American Airlines Theatre
227 West 42nd Street
New York, NY
*Sunday, August 17 we will be attending Roundabout's production of Cabaret. The production will be used as a reference during the course.
TTI tuition is waived for teachers involved in a school wide partnership with Education at Roundabout. To obtain this discount code, please e-mail email@example.com.
P-Credit is available to all NYC Classroom Teachers for an additional $125.
- Register through the After School Professional Development Program website here, the additional $125 will be paid directly to the ASPDP.
- Following confirmation of ASPDP registration, please return to Eventbrite and register with Roundabout for TTI.
- If you are a partner teacher with Roundabout, your TTI tuition can be waived, but to obtain the P-Credit, the $125 must be paid.
Learn theatrical teaching techniques
Apply new strategies to your curriculum
Explore your own creativity
Participate in workshops with Roundabout artists
Investigate new approaches to student engagement and investment
Collaborate with fellow teachers and artists
– TTI Participant
– TTI Participant
to 42nd Street and 8th Avenue
to Times Square
to 42nd Street and 6th Avenue
- M10 and M20 buses head north on 8th Avenue and south on 7th Avenue. The bus lines run south on Broadway and onto 7th Avenue at 44th Street.
- M42 and M104 buses head cross-town on 42nd Street. The M104 also travels north on 8th Avenue and south on Broadway above 42nd Street.
- M6 and M7 buses head south on 7th Avenue and north on 6th Avenue.
- M27 bus line runs cross-town on 49th/50th Streets, and then south on 7th Avenue and north on 8th Avenue.
Note: If you are having trouble finding a taxi on 42nd Street, walk a half block west to Port Authority on 8th Avenue, where you'll find a taxi stand.