The Very Basics of Social Media - 3/1
Tuesday, March 1, 2011 from 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM (CST)
You are finally ready to jump in and see what everyone is talking about. In this introductory class, we’ll walk you through the three leading social networks—Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. In two hours, you will learn how to:
• Understand how each social network works and what distinguishes them.
• Set up a profile on each social network.
• Find friends, family, colleagues and peers on each social network.
• Customize your privacy settings on each social network.
• Share links, photos and videos on each social network.
• Incorporate social media into your daily life.
So that we can jump right in together, you should have already registered accounts with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. You also should bring a wifi-equipped laptop and arrive 15 minutes early to make sure you can log on to our free network.
If you do not have a laptop available, we encourage you to still attend the seminar and follow along. We'll be providing lots of valuable information and handouts as well.
All of our seminars are designed and led by Tracy Samantha Schmidt, who also blogs about online marketing strategy at 435Digital.com. Previously, Tracy was the editorial director of ChicagoNow, the Tribune’s network of 350 blogs. She also taught several graduate-level classes on social media at DePaul University and has presented at conferences nationwide.
When & Where
435 Digital is a consulting group that specializes in social media strategy, SEO, web design and customized training sessions.
Our group is comprised of experts from across Tribune Company. For more information, please go to 435Digital.com.