JOIN US AT THE TWEETERS' CUP
Have you ever wanted to be a part of a Tweet-Up at a World-Class sporting event? Join us on Friday, November 6, 2009 at the 2009 Breeders' Cup World Championships at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA and watch the world's best horses and jockeys compete live for $25.5 million in purses during the first day of the two-day World Championships televised around the world on ESPN. Come socialize and take in a great day of racing.
Tweet-Up will be held in exclusively-designated area - Santa Anita's Seabiscuit Court and will also include access to a designated Tweeter seating area (frontside).
The day will feature:
* 11:15 AM (PT): Betting the Breeders' Cup Handicapping session with Joe Drape (@joedrape) of the New York Times, Ed DeRosa (@EJXD2)of the Thoroughbred Times and Tom Quigley (@Quigleys_Corner) of Horseplayer Magazine
* Q&A with prominent jockeys
* Appearances by ESPN personalities and jockeys from Animal Planet's critically acclaimed reality show "Jockeys" and more
Tweet-Up will include:
* Betting voucher
* 2009 Breeders' Cup gift
* Buffet (including non-alcoholic beverages)
* Two will Win a Nikon Coolpix camera - Perfect for a TweetUp
* Best Tweeter onsite will Win a Trip for Two to the 2010 Breeders' Cup World Championships at Churchill Downs including airfare and hotel.
In partnership with:
When & Where
ESPN's Kenny Mayne http://twitter.com/Kenny_Mayne will stop by to kick off the Tweet-Up
Legendary Hall of Fame Jockey Laffit Pincay http://twitter.com/laffitpincay will join us as well to talk about Zenyatta!
TWEETERS' CUP SCHEDULE
11:10 AM: INTRODUCTION
11:15 AM: ESPN’s Kenny Mayne Stops by
11:30 AM: MTV start and skateboarder Rob Dyrdek Stops by
11:20 AM –
11:45 AM: Betting the Breeders' Cup Wagering session with Joe Drape (@joedrape) of the New York Times, Ed DeRosa (@EJXD2) of the Thoroughbred Times and Tom Quigley (@Quigleys_Corner) of Horseplayer Magazine. Panel will discuss how to place a bet, betting BC Friday and Breeders’ Cup Classic.
12:00 PM: LUNCH
1:00 PM: Greg Avioli, President and CEO of the Breeders’ Cup Welcome
Contest: Tweeter w/best tweets using #BC09 between 1:00-2:30PM on-site wins Nikon Coolpix
1:15 PM –
1:40 PM: Art Wilson (Inside Horseracing/LA Newspaper Group) Sits down with Hall of Fame jockey Laffit Pincay to talk about racing in the Breeders’ Cup, legacy of Zenyatta, who he likes in the Breeders’ Cup Classic, etc.
2:00 PM: Twitter Q&A Jan Patrick Schmitz, CEO of Montblanc
2:20 PM –
2:35 PM: Chip Woolley, Mine That Bird Trainer stops by to take questions from
2:30 PM: Contest: Tweeter w/best tweets using #BC09 between 2:30-4:00PM wins Nikon Coolpix
2:45 PM: Winner of 1:00PM-2:30PM Nikon Coolpix announced
3:15 PM: Jockey’s star Joe Talamo talks about the show and racing in the
4:15 PM: Winner of 2:30PM-4:00PM Nikon Coolpix announced
4:00 – 5:00 PM: Participants on—site re-tweet what they think their best Tweets of the day have been to help Determine 2010 Breeders’ Cup VIP Trip winner