The STABLE Program Provider Course
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The STABLE Program Provider Course
Description and Target Audience: The S.T.A.B.L.E. Program (Sugar & Safe Care, Temperature, Airway, Blood Pressure, Lab Work and Emotional Support) is designed for all healthcare providers involved with the pre-transport stabilization of neonates. This workshop is intended for RN’s, LPN’s, Advanced Practice RN’s, Respiratory Therapists, physicians, and Pre-hospital healthcare workers. Premature and ill infants benefit when all healthcare providers have participated in learning a systematic approach to identification of problems and a standardized approach to care provision. Participants will practice a team approach to infant assessment, identification of problems, and care strategies. All team members learn and practice all skills taught.
· At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
· Discuss safe, quality patient care and prevention and measures to eliminate preventable adverse events.
· Discuss methods to establish intravenous access and monitor and normalize the patient’s blood sugar. Demonstrate ability to accurately calculate glucose doses based on body weight.
· Identify measures to prevent cold stress and hypothermia
· Discuss methods to support ventilation and maintain a normal acid- base balance.
· Demonstrate ability to accurately interpret neonatal ABG’s. Demonstrate ability to secure ETT in skills station.
· Verbalize clinical presentation and treatment strategies for hypovolemic, cardiogenic, and septic shock. Accurately calculate fluid resuscitation doses based on body weight.
· Compare and contrast most common types of neonatal sepsis and identify appropriate laboratory studies. Demonstrate ability to calculate ANC and IT ratio of CBC values correlate lab findings with infant condition, and be able to predict next best action to take.
· Identify the crisis a NICU hospitalization places on the family and participate in group discussion to explore varied methods to offer emotional support to the family.
Melissa Robbins RN Staff RN
Cox Monett, Monett, MO
We reserved the right to substitute educators.
Program Agenda: Post-test included in time allotted for each module.
0715-0730 Sign-in; self-grade pre-assessment
0730-0745 Introduction to S.T.A.B.L.E.
0745-0900 Sugar and Safe Care module
0915-1015 Temperature module
1015-1115 Airway module
1115-1215 LUNCH (on your own)
1215-1345 Airway module & skills station
1345-1445 Blood pressure module
1450-1530 Lab work module
1530-1615 Emotional support module; mixed module test
1615-1650 Quality improvement module
1650-1700 Evaluations & adjournment
Testing: Satisfactory completion of objectives will occur through program attendance and achievement of minimum passing score 85% on post-test. Renewal cards will be issued by The S.T.A.B.L.E. Program and mailed to participants upon satisfactory completion of objectives.
Course Length: 9.5 hours
Certification Length: Course cards are issued.
Includes: Student course manual and course card.
Location: CoxHealth Education Center, CoxHealth North, K400, 4th Floor, Classroom #1.
Directions: Enter Cox North from the Robberson Ave. Northwest Entrance. Upon entering the building turn right and take the elevator to the 4th floor. You will arrive in the Education Center lobby.
CoxHealth Education Center is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Missouri Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
8.0 Contact Hours.
CoxHealth is accredited by the Missouri State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. CoxHealth designates this live activity for a maximum of 8.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
CoxHealth – Prehospital Services is an approved provider of continuing education by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Unit of EMS. This activity has been approved for 8.0 contact hours. The Training Center number is 07710C.
Participants will receive statements of credit at the end of the program when all requirements for credit have been met. Satisfactory completion of objectives will occur through program attendance and achievement of minimum score 85% on post-test. Therefore no partial credit will be given. In order to receive a statement of credit, all participants must sign-in at the registration desk, turn in a completed evaluation and demonstrate the skills necessary to complete this course.
Accreditation approval only refers to this educational activity and does not imply endorsement of any commercial products by CoxHealth or any proprietary entity producing health care goods or services.
Information presented during this activity represents the views and opinions of the presenters and does not necessarily constitute the opinion, endorsement of, or promotion by CoxHealth.
No sponsorship or commercial support has been received for this activity. No Off Label medications or medical devices will be discussed.
All speakers and planning committee members for this activity have indicated they do not have any conflicts of interest or significant financial affiliations with any pharmaceutical or medical device companies. The S.T.A.B.L.E. Program created this activity.
Fees subject to change at any time.