About the Program
Do you have a business idea to make the world a better place? You might be a social entrepreneur, part of a movement using business concepts to solve pressing social or environmental problems. From coffee companies helping African farmers earn a higher income to ice cream shops providing job training to formerly homeless teens in Portland, social entrepreneurs are transforming the world around us. Learn how you, your ideas, and your business can provide solutions to the problems we face.
- Learn more about social entrepreneurship
- Connect to local resources for networking and support
- Understand different legal structures for social enterprises
- Explore crowdfunding and other innovative ways to raise money
- Learn how to measure the social and environmental performance of your business
About the Presenter
Jacen Greene provides strategy, finance, and impact analysis consulting to both for-profit and nonprofit social enterprises and supporting organizations. He currently assists Portland State University's Impact Entrepreneurs with their field studies, incubation, and leadership training programs to catalyze social innovation worldwide. Jacen has previously worked with social entrepreneurs in the U.S., India, and Latin America across sectors as diverse as green energy, impact sourcing, and certified coffee. Jacen graduated Beta Gamma Sigma with an MBA in business sustainability from Portland State University and holds a B.A. in China studies from Willamette University.
Admission is $20 in advance and $25 at the door.
- Save by purchasing seminars in bundles of 4 for $60. Learn More.
- Consider becoming an Annual Subscriber. Subscriptions cost $100 and allow you to attend unlimited seminars. Learn more.
- Coupons, 4-Packs and Subscriptions are redeemed by clicking "Enter Discount Code", entering your unique code, and clicking "Apply Discount"
When & Where
Mercy Corps Northwest
Do you feel stuck in your business because of lack of information? Classes at Mercy Corps Northwest offer you a deep exploration in a range of business topics covering technology, marketing, finance, law, and more. Our classes give you actionable tools to apply directly to the business problems you are facing today. We also create a forum help you to connect with entrepreneurs just like you and develop a stronger network.
Classes are taught by professionals who are experts in their fields. They bring a diverse set of knowledge to the classroom, and are receptive to individual business problems. Learn more about our presenters.
Mercy Corps Northwest works to assist motivated low-income individuals improve their lives through starting or expanding a small business. We provide funding, matched savings and other services that help clients increase their economic self-sufficiency through self-employment.
More information on Mercy Corps Northwest and our other services can be found at www.mercycorpsnw.orgStay up-to-date by signing up for our newsletter! Email Address: