San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Slow Dance
Tai Chi + Nia Technique
Respecting the body’s inherent balance of yin and yang energies yields ability to adapt to a variety of rhythms and movements in all stages of life. Moving slowly while focusing internally increases calmness and sensitivity bringing vitality to muscle and connective tissue. Primarily a physical practice Tai Chi clears the mind and heightens kinesthetic awareness fundamental to overall health and well-being.
Physical Benefits of Tai Chi include:
• deep relaxation
• calming affect on nervous system
• release pain and stiffness in the joints
• positive effect on strength, flexibility & balance
In this workshop learn how:
• to generate power through ease rather than muscling
• shifting and transferring weight develops grounded balance
• alignment, relaxation & efficient use of energy helps embody grace
• focusing on the exhale is a way to improve abdominal support and intrinsic core strength
• moving from the tan tien (physical & energetic center) with relaxed joints establishes fluidity in the body
Qigong Breathing Exercises
Tai Chi Principles and their application in Nia Technique
Tai Chi forms + Nia Technique movement to increase body knowledge
What to Bring:
Your curiosity and water.
What to Wear:
Dress comfortably enough to move arms and legs. All other supplies will be provided.
This workshop is appropriate to both men and women.
Sliding Scale Fee $20 - $40
About the teachers:
Julie Wylie Nia Technique Faculty Trainer & 1st degree Black Belt - Health, Fitness & Well-Being Professional
Cell: (512) 791-6597
Read Julie Wylie's story: http://www.austinawakenings.com/inspiring-self-healing-through-dance/
"What is Nia Technique": http://youtu.be/TopWOpFXD_4
Email: Julie Wylie email@example.com
Wayne Key Chief Instructor at Tai Chi Fitness & Renewal - 22 years Tai Chi experience
Phone: (512) 590-3668
Wayne Key Tai Chi Fitness video link http://youtu.be/-iE0zRacAyU
Email: Wayne Key wayne@TaiChiFitness.info
When & Where
Nia Training Faculty Member and 1st degree Nia Black Belt Teacher, Conscious Personal Trainer Julie combines her passion for personal connection with holistic body knowledge to inspire clients, through pleasure & play, toward feel better right choices.