Wings of Hope - Empowerment and a Voice for Women from King Street to Kenya
Date: Sunday, January 20, 2013 Time: 7:00 pm
Location: Ronald Reagan National Airport in the Historic Terminal A Lobby
1 Aviation Circle
Washington, District of Columbia 20003
Admission: $155.00 per person
The Servant Forge Humanitarian Inaugural Ball will celebrate the inauguration of Barack Obama as the 44th president of the United States. It is an affirmation that we are a country that understands the importance and power of a peaceful transition of government. After spending $6 billion to elect a president it is now time to focus our attention on the humanitarian and compassionate strength of our country and of our people. We invite you to help us.
The Ball will include dancing and music provided by the Kelly Bell Band out of Baltimore, Maryland. Hors d'oeuvres, wine, and spirits will be available courtesy of Bittersweet Catering and is included in the price of admission. For directions and parking information Click Here.
Everyday women "go missing" because of human trafficking, gender-based violence, and sexual assault. Women are denied access to education, health, and economic empowerment. Proceeds from the Servant Forge Humanitarian ball will support programs that advocate for justice, compassion, and raise awareness about the health and safety of women.
Servant Forge will use proceeds from the ball for initiatives here at home, in Alexandria, Virginia, and Washington, DC, and in Kenya and Swaziland in Africa. These initiatives provide a wide range of women empowerment programs, including:
- Education for high-risk young women, counseling and resources to complete a diploma or degree
- Support at domestic violence shelters offering refuge and care so that survivors can start to repurpose their lives
- Services to increase access to health and education from Alexandria to Swaziland
- Services for a comprehensive gender-based violence resource center in Lodwar, Kenya, and human trafficking interventions in Alexandria, Virginia
- Tools to encourage full political and economic participation of women in all levels of society
The Kenya Gender Based Violence Prevention Partnership
SOHO of Alexandria
Living Classroom of Washington, DC
iLEAD and Ignitus Worldwide
Alexandria City Mentoring Partnership
The Luke Commission
The Alexandria City Domestic Violence Initiative
Northern Virginia Family Service
When & Where
Servant Forge advances projects that transform individuals and communities toward better health, safety, education, and prosperity.