The SCBWI-L.A. 2013 Sue Alexander Grant for the Working Writer’s Retreat
Recipient receives full tuition to the SCBWI-L.A. Working Writer’s Retreat. The recipient will be announced in the Fall Issue of Kite Tales.
The Working Writer’s Retreat is popular and tends to sell out before the winner is selected. Be sure to reserve your spot at the retreat by signing up early (registration opens April 15th). The winner will be reimbursed their tuition. (http://wwr2013.eventbrite.com/)
Contest: Submit one unpublished manuscript (Fiction or Nonfiction) in one of these categories: Picture Book (text only, no illustrations or dummies), Middle Grade (first 10 pages), Young Adult (first 10 pages), Poetry (a collection of 10 poems on a single theme).
1. You must be a member in good standing of the SCBWI-L. A. Region.
2. Published or unpublished SCBWI-L.A. members are welcome to apply.
3. The submitted manuscript must not be under contract for publication at the time of application.
4. Limited to one entry per person. Send 3 copies.
5. Submissions must be limited to a maximum of 10 double-spaced pages, or 10 poems in proper manuscript form (double-spaced and in 12-point type).
6. Do NOT put your name on the manuscript, only on the entry form.
7. Paperclip the entry form and manuscripts together.
8. Submissions will not be returned.
9. Please be sure to follow these submission guidelines. Submissions not in compliance with these rules will be disqualified.
10. Judges will remain anonymous.
All entries must be postmarked between March 1, 2013, and April 30, 2013.
Go to page 21 of the Spring 2013 Kite Tales (http://www.scbwi.org/Regional-Chapters.aspx?R=10&sec=News) for entry form.