The RYNGE (Beta) presented by L.E.A.F.E. LLP
Friday, September 30, 2016 at 7:30 AM - Monday, October 3, 2016 at 4:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Welcome Adventurers to the first ever RYNGE (BETA) event presented by L.E.A.F.E, LLP. The RYNGE is a Living Endurance Adventure Fitness Experience that combines multiple levels of challenging endurance based scenarios on all types of terrain combined with goal driven team problem solving quests & puzzles within a fully developed immersive scenario. The first RYNGE event coming Fall 2016 will be a highly challenging long distance mountain search and land navigation team run – with a twist!
The RYNGE (BETA) is by invitation only and is a highly challenging 72-hour endurance adventure and land navigation challenge broken into four unique phases. Adventurers will be assigned with a series of tasks that they will need to complete in each phase before moving on to the next.
Our story for this beta test honors the idea of The RYNGE as a symbol of life’s journey. As you immerse yourself in the tale you may see The RYNGE as the path of an individual but you may also start to see the life journey of man. The RYNGE story will take you through the largest of life circles from the very beginning of time. We promise an adventure of a lifetime!
The RYNGE (BETA) will run from Friday, September 30th through Monday, October 3rd. Event kick off will take place between 7:30-10:30 am on Friday where you will be assigned to your tribe and receive instructions for your adventure. Contestants will have 72 Hours to complete the challenge beginning on Friday. Monday is reserved for a mandatory 6-hour cool down event. A celebratory community brunch and award ceremony will also be held during this time. We estimate event festivities will be completed by 4:00 on Monday.
- The Awakening. You will begin the challenge in the Northeastern city of your choice: Boston, MA; Burlington, VT; or Albany, NY. Upon arrival you will receive a series of quests that you must complete prior to arriving at the next stage of the challenge. These quests may have some cost involved but will not exceed $100
- The Becoming. The next stage of your adventure begins in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains. Where exactly you ask? Finding it is part of the adventure! Upon arrival you will check in with one of our on-site base camps. You will have an opportunity to meet with your tribe and will be given instructions on the next phase of the challenge which will take you and your team out into the wild on a series of formidable adventures that will truly test your mettle!
- The Passing. Everything you have achieved will lead you and your tribe to the next leg of your journey– a 40 mile endurance trek through the local mountain range.
- The Offering. The Final Quest! You are just going to have to make it to this phase of the adventure to discover what is in store. There has to be some surprises after all! But we know you are going to love it!
- The cost of the RYNGE (BETA) is $550 per person and includes the following:
- Meals (Friday Night Dinner, Base Camp food & beverage, Monday brunch). Supplemental nutritional requirements (ie. Snacks while you are in the wild) and Phase 1 meals are not included.
- Monday Night Lodging
- Unique, one-of-a-kind hand-crafted keepsake
- Fully staffed base camp and medical services
- Free Parking on site
- 24 of Lyfe Chips
- Paid registration must be completed by August 15, 2016. You may register for the event at the official RYNGE (BETA) Event page
- You may also send a $100 non-refundable deposit via Paypal email@example.com to hold your place
- Upon registration you will receive a packet of information with key information for the challenge and a recommended gear list.
In addition, each month we will release a short chapter telling you of this year’s story and theme. We invite you to switch mental gears and take yourself back to a time when radio dramas or graphic novels pieced out story lines over time. This story is designed to immerse you and prepare you for your adventure in September. You will also recieve a monthly quest that, if completed prior to 8/8 will grant you additional Lyfe chips for the event. No matter when you join us, you’ll have access to the entire story so you can join in any time up until registration cut off 8/15/16.
The information says that this RYNGE event is a Beta. What does that mean?
- Beta means that this is a test or trial event. It means that we are learning as we go and encourage people to provide feedback and suggestions on how we can improve our event. We look forward to hearing your thoughts!
Why does the challenge begin in multiple cities across the North East if it ends in upstate New York?
- Simply put, it is part of the adventure. We recommend that you choose the city most preferable to you. Due to how the challenge is organized the game will be the same no matter which location you choose.
Do I have to begin in one of these three cities or can I fly into an alternate airport?
- No matter where you are coming from, you need to be in one of these three starting cities between 7:30 and 10:30 am on September 30th. But feel free to fly into any airport of your choosing.
Do I have to stay the night in one of these cities? New York can be expensive you know!
- No, you will not be staying the night in one of these cities.
Why is this challenge only $550?
- It is our goal to bring you the best possible experience for the best possible value.
What are Lyfe Chips?
- Find out in game. But be on the lookout for garden gnomes. They will try to steal them. Seriously.
Why is Monday attendance mandatory? Can I opt out of this?
- No, you may not opt out of Monday attendance. Based on our experience with these types of events, Monday attendance is required not only for your safety but is also a standard regulation and best practice that Leafe adheres to. You are not required to stay overnight on Monday however.
If I do not want to stay overnight on Monday, can I get a discount
- Unfortunately no. The event cost includes this benefit whether you choose to take advantage of it or not.
What time will the event officially end? I need to plan for my return trip.
- If you will not be staying with us Monday night, we expect that the celebration should close around 4pm but due to the nature of the event this is only an estimate.
The materials state that the RYNGE event is presented by LEAFE, LLC. What is that?
- LEAFE, LLC is the parent company of RYNGE. Leafe is an exciting lifestyle company with a mission to combine compelling interactive story best in class entertainment experiences, physical adventure & hands on educational experiences, we strive to create a robustly nurturing and creative learning environment that seeks to engage individual’s minds and bodies. The RYNGE is just one exciting opportunity to bring this mission to life!
What makes RYNGE different from other endurance challenges?
- Unlike other endurance challenges Rynge simultaneously puts you into the hands of some of nature’s greatest courses while challenging you to complete a fantasy adventure quest along the way.
I saw something that said the challenge begins before the 9/30 arrival date. What does that mean exactly? What is expected of me?
- On the 15th of each the month leading up to the event, adventurers will receive a challenge that, if completed before the event start date, will qualify them for additional Lyfe chips. This challenge will also add to the adventure and immersion of the event so that by the time September arrives you will already feel like you are part of the experience.
Is there a Gear List?
- There will be a gear list but we are still working to finalize.
Some of the materials mentioned that we would be contributing to a local service. What does that mean?
- As part of the game, your tasks will be to accomplish something for local charity. Don’t worry, you’ll be doing good.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
- No. We need to be able to clearly identify who is participating in the event in advance.
Will there be pie?
- Pffff…will there be pie? What kind of a question is that?
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Don@leafelive.com or DDleafelive@gmail.com or (757) 802-0536
&/or on Facebook at: LEAFE LLP presents The Rynge
Save This Event
When & Where
L.E.A.F.E. LLP in collaboration with Don Devaney
Through compelling interactive storoytelling, best in class entertainment experiences, physical adventures & hands-on educational opportunities, we strive to create a robustly nurturing & creative learning environment that seeks to engage individuals minds and bodies