San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Starting in 2006, our first year as owners of Fleet Feet Sports – San Francisco, we have hosted an annual running series called Sunset Runs. Each summer we host these casual, non-competitive fun runs as a vehicle to raise funds for charities close to our hearts.
The course is set along the San Francisco Bay so that runners will get a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge and the Marin Headlands during sunset.
The true purpose of the run, aside from offering a fun, community run for our customers, is to raise money for charity. The charities which have benenfited from our Sunset Runs have included L'Athletique d'Haiti, The Livestrong Foundation, Students Run Oakland, and The Ethembeni School in South Africa
The Ethembeni School is a boarding school for primarily Zulu children living with Cerebral Palsy, visual impairments, and other physical disabilities in rural South Africa. The school is home to 300 students between the ages of four and 18, and it is their residence as well as their school. The community where the school is located is just north of Durban in an area where unemployment is consistently over 25%, poverty is a way of life, and many modern amenities are inaccessible to the residents. Our goal with our Run Love™ events is to help the Ethembeni School maintain its capacity of 300 students by providing the funds necessary to pay for the remaining students' tuitions.
In the eight years since we have hosted Sunset Runs, we have grown the events from our first run of 28 attendants to our most recent run of 330 runners. Thank you for supporting our events and these great charities.
- Brett Lamb & Kim Holt (owners of Fleet Feet Sports - San Francisco)
- A 5 MILE SOCIAL/NON-COMPETITIVE FUN RUN (no timing, no numbers, just friends and a beautiful sunset)
- WHERE: Start/Finish at the Marina Green East Triangle; the run will head west towards Hopper's Hands at the base of the Golden Gate Bridge and then return along the same route. (We will not meet at FLEET FEET SPORTS-View Google Maps Location)
- WHEN: August 21st at 6:30pm (registration opens at 6:00pm)
- HOW MUCH? Pre-registration for each run costs $10 to enter. 100% will go to the Ethembeni School. Registration is available at Fleet Feet Sports - San Francisco.
- CHARITY INFO: Ethemeni School
- WHAT ELSE? Each runner will receive a Run Love™ technical T-shirt from Asics.