featuring THE PIECES
(Vess Ruhtenberg, Heidi Gluck, Devon Ashley)
27 @ THE VOGUE
Friday August 27th, 2010
Doors at 8 PM
Pecha Kucha 9-10:30 PM (See below for list of presenters)
The Pieces 10:45 PM
$10 Pre-Sale tickets are only avail from Tues 7/20-Thurs 7/22
$12 Advance - On Sale Friday 7/23 at 10 am EST
Tickets are also available at all Ticketmaster Outlets,
Purchase with no service fees at Luna Music,
The Vogue Box Office and Indy CD and Vinyl
Non-Smoking | 21+
About Pecha Kucha
Pecha Kucha, literally meaning “chit-chat” in Japanese, is a grassroots
movement started by architects and designers to remedy long-winded
lectures and frivolous presentations. The movement has spread to over
three hundred cities throughout the world, and August 27th will mark our
tenth PK night in Indy.
In one corner, the presenters at Pecha Kucha have only six minutes and forty seconds to convey their idea, with twenty slides at twenty seconds each, whether they like it or not. In the other corner, a well-stocked bar. And in the middle: you. The two corners will compete for your attention; get a drink and you’ve missed what could be the most influential idea of your career. Pay attention and you’ll miss your third or fourth drink. Conversation among the audience, especially during timid presentations, is encouraged. Business presentation, meet rock show. Bullet points, meet fight club.
About The Pieces
Indianapolis alumni champions of light, airy and romantic guitar pop featuring Vess Ruhtenberg (Lemonheads, United States 3, Zero Boys, Action Strasse), Heidi Gluck (Some Girls) and Devon Ashley (Lemonheads, Those Young Lions, Soulove Universe). After years apart, the original trio has reformed for a for a very special peformance at The Vogue Theatre.
PK Indy Volume 10 Presenters
- Craig McCormick – Whitewashed Peopleboxes
- Mark Latta – The Label is Dead! Long Live the Label! Redefining the Concept of a Record Label as One of a Hyper-niche Music Curator
- Sarah Zuckerman & Justin Musgrove – Monumental Installation Problem
- Kyle Hodges - In Defense of Jazz
- Jessica Clark – LUNAcy
- Tom Healy – Broad Ripple Canal Dreams
- John Beeler and Michael Kaufmann - Tea Parties and Xmas Music: Marketing is for Losers
- Neil Cain - Spontaneity in the Streets & The Sweet, Swelling Underground
When & Where
Visit MOKBPresents.com for a full listing of upcoming concert events.