San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We are delighted to announce Dr. Chad Miller will conduct “The Philosophers Pedagogy” a four-hour interactive workshop designed for the Hawaii Campus College of Education faculty, students, and alumni.
Chad Miller, Ph.D. is the 2012 Hawaiʻi State Teacher of the Year, and Director of Teacher Development, Uehiro Academy for Philosophy and Ethics in Education @ University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa. He also serves our campus as a charter member of the University of Phoenix Hawaii Campus College of Education Advisory Board.
As a result of attending Dr. Chad’s workshop you will:
- Identify the components, history, and theories of the Philosophers Pedagogy.
- Create and use a tool for mediating listening and speaking in our intellectually safe community of inquiry.
- Write a reflection about the relevance and purpose of a classroom community.
- Use examples and counter-examples to define intellectual safety (Jackson, 2001).
- Identify, explain, and apply the seven reasoning tools of The Good Thinker’s Toolkit to make progress in a philosophical inquiry.
- Participate in an intellectually safe “Plain Vanilla” philosophical dialogue (not debate) that explores complex, but relevant topics.
- Write and share reflections concerning the day’s experience.
Seating is limited to 20 participants. Refreshments and workshop materials will be provided.
When & Where
Whether you are earning your degree online or in a classroom setting, you'll get the same benefits we offer all our students—a dedicated team of advisors, small classroom sizes and experienced instructors. In addition to degree programs, many of our campus locations offer professional development workshops, tutoring, computer labs and other resources designed to give you the support you need to accomplish your academic goals. Our accessible education has made it possible for nearly half a million working professionals to earn their degrees. Start investing in yourself. Visit one of our locations near you today.
Locations near you:
Kapolei Learning Center