San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
- Seminar is from 8:00 AM -4:30 PM each day.
- A complete text will be provided as part of the session. You only need to bring writing utensils. Audio taping is permitted. Use of computers and cell phones during the session are not permitted.
- All information provided is copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any way for distribution.
- Lunch and refreshments will be on your own
- No smoking permitted on the property
- Dress in layers for the session since conference rooms can vary in temperature
- For more information you may contact us by e-mail (preferred) or phone
o E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
o Phone: 419-305-3043
About the session:
Medical surgical nursing is the core of nursing care in most health care settings. It is the main focus in both acute care and long term care settings. Becoming certified validates your competency in caring for clients with a wide variety of health care problems. Studies have shown certified nurses improve client care outcomes through their knowledge and enhanced best practice.
This program will take you through the core knowledge you need to successfully pass the exam and improve the care you give your clients. Professional, legal, and ethical issues will be reviewed along with fundamental skills and advancements in the professional practice of nursing. A comprehensive system-based review of pathophysiology, disorders, clinical manifestations, and pharmacology is included. Systems will include endocrine, pulmonary, cardiovascular, hematological, renal and urological, musculoskeletal, neurological, gastrointestinal, senses and integumentary. In addition, aspects of surgical care and complications will be covered along with disorders affecting male/female clients.
Objectives for the seminar include:
- Identify test taking strategies for the medical surgical certification exam and components of the exam.
- Identify professional, legal and ethical issues pertinent to the medical surgical nurse and implications in clinical practice.
- Review various fundamental skills in the care of medical surgical clients
- Discuss important principles and best practices in medication administration and IV therapy.
- Relate the therapeutic uses, action and side effects for the various drug classifications common to medical surgical clients.
- Discuss nutritional considerations in the care and management of medical surgical clients.
- Identify the most frequent lab values seen and significance in disease pathology and clinical correlation.
- Relate the purpose of various diagnostic tests in the care of medical surgical clients.
- Identify important aspects of assessment and nursing care during the perioperative time period.
- Correlate the pathophysiology of various medical-surgical conditions with clinical manifestations, appropriate treatments, and aspects of clinical correlation.
Recent seminar comments
“Wonderful program with review of a lot of information. The book is a great resource. I will use it to study for my exam and will use it to enhance my practice.”
“I enjoyed this program very much and learned so much.”
“Loved the pneumonics, clinical tid bits and pictures as they help me learn more easily.”
“Excellent instructor. Very approachable and answered questions thoroughly and completely.”
“Very, very knowledgeable about clinical practice and made it enjoyable! I loved the stories and life experiences she shared!”
“I will definitely recommend you to others. Easy to understand and great clinical knowledge!”
Your Instructor: Cynthia M. Liette, MS, APRN, ACNS-BC, CCRN
Ms. Liette has been a nurse for more than 30 years. She has worked in a variety of clinical settings including intensive/ coronary care, emergency room, medical-surgical units, and supervision. She currently works as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in a rural health care system. She has been an educator for practicing nurses, nursing students, and paramedics for more than 25 years while still maintaining a clinical practice. Her numerous seminars consistently receive excellent reviews from all levels of health professionals.
She holds a Master’s Degree from Wright State University in the Clinical Nurse Specialist Adult Health track and is Board Certified as a CNS. She is also an ACLS instructor and is certified in both critical care and trauma nursing.
She is the owner and president of Educational Concepts, LLC. She has authored a successful pharmacology series and has taught a wide variety of subjects including Nurse Refresher and Nurse Internship programs, Critical Care courses, 12-Lead ECG and Rhythm interpretation, IV therapy, and Lab and ABG interpretation. She is also the author of The Pearls for NCLEX Review course.
She is a member of Sigma Theta Tau - National Nursing Honor Society, National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists and the American Association of Critical Care Nurses.
Educational Concepts, LLC is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurse’s Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
When & Where
BrainyNurses.com by Educational Concepts, LLC
The description of the company goes here.