San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Registration for this event:
You must register directly with the hospital for this event. Cost is $75.00 for Premier Health employees. $150.00 for others. Contact person: Patty Simmons. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seminar is from 8:00 AM -4:30 PM on October 16 and 17,
- A complete text will be provided as part of the session. You only need to bring writing utensils. Audio taping is permitted. Use of computers and cell phones during the session are not permitted.
- All information provided is copyright protected and may not be reproduced in any way for distribution.
- Lunch and refreshments will be on your own
- No smoking permitted on the property
- Dress in layers for the session since conference rooms can vary in temperature
- For more information you may contact us by e-mail (preferred) or phone
- o E-mail: email@example.com
- o Phone: 419-305-3043
About the session:
Medical-surgical nursing is the core of nursing care in most health care settings. It is the main focus in both acute and long term care settings. Becoming certified validates your competency in caring for patients with a wide variety of health care problems. Studies have shown certified nurses improve patient care outcomes through their knowledge and enhanced best practice.
This program will take you through the core knowledge you need to successfully pass the exam and improve the care you give your patients. Professional, legal, and ethical issues will be reviewed along with fundamental skills and advancements in the professional practice of nursing. A comprehensive system-based review of pathophysiology, disorders, clinical manifestations, and pharmacology is included. Systems will include endocrine, pulmonary, cardiovascular, hematological, renal and urological, musculoskeletal, neurological, gastrointestinal, senses and integumentary. In addition, aspects of surgical care and complications will be covered along with disorders affecting male/female patients.
- Identify test taking strategies for the medical surgical certification exam and components of the exam.
- Identify professional, legal and ethical issues pertinent to the medical surgical nurse and implications in clinical practice.
- Review various fundamental skills in the care of medical surgical patients
- Discuss important principles and best practices in medication administration and IV therapy.
- Relate the therapeutic uses, action and side effects for the various drug classifications common to medical surgical patients.
- Discuss nutritional considerations in the care and management of medical surgical patients.
- Identify the most frequent lab values seen and significance in disease pathology and clinical correlation.
- Relate the purpose of various diagnostic tests in the care of medical surgical patients.
- Identify important aspects of assessment and nursing care during the perioperative time period.
- Correlate cardiopulmonary disorders with pathophysiology and clinical manifestations.
- Discuss infectious conditions including isolation precautions.
- Identify various conditions involving the endocrine and reproductive systems.
- Discuss disorders of the renal and urological system including acid-base and electrolyte imbalances.
- Discuss pain in medical-surgical patients and various musculoskeletal disorders.
- Correlate neurological disorders with clinical manifestations and management.
- Identify various conditions involving the gastrointestinal system.
- Identify common disorders of the integumentary system and senses.
Recent seminar comments:
“I took this to pass the certification test but gained even more. The knowledge here will also influence my practice with actual patients when looking at pharmacology, critical thinking, treatments, diagnostics and pathophysiology. It will also help me to review for my NP boards in the future.”
“This is one of the best seminars I have ever attended! Great pictures and awesome ‘study book’ for the course and to review in the future. I enjoyed the speaker’s personal stories very much. It brought academics and real life nursing together!”
“Amazing speaker! She has a wealth of knowledge and was able to convey so much information in two days. She gave so many helpful ways to remember concepts which will help with the exam and my practice.”
“Any one out of school 10 years or more should come to this program. It was a great reinforcement of all body systems, pharmacology and important aspects of patient care. Fast paced but it kept my attention for two full days! I loved it!”
Cynthia M. Liette, MS, APRN, ACNS-BC, CCRN
Ms. Liette has been a nurse for more than 30 years. She has worked in a variety of clinical settings including intensive/ coronary care, emergency room, medical-surgical units, and supervision. She currently works as a Clinical Nurse Specialist in a rural health care system. She has been an educator for practicing nurses, nursing students, and paramedics for more than 25 years while still maintaining a clinical practice. Her numerous seminars consistently receive excellent reviews from all levels of health professionals.
She holds a Master’s Degree from Wright State University in the Clinical Nurse Specialist Adult Health track and is Board Certified as a CNS. She is also an ACLS instructor and is certified in both critical care and trauma nursing.
She is the owner and president of Educational Concepts, LLC. She has authored a successful pharmacology series and has taught a wide variety of subjects including Nurse Refresher and Nurse Internship programs, Critical Care courses, 12-Lead ECG and Rhythm interpretation, IV therapy, and Lab and ABG interpretation. She is also the author of The Pearls for NCLEX Review course.
She is a member of Sigma Theta Tau - National Nursing Honor Society, National Association of Clinical Nurse Specialists and the American Association of Critical Care Nurses.
Educational Concepts, LLC is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Ohio Nurse’s Association (OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
When & Where
Educational Concepts, LLC
The description of the company goes here.