The New Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines
Date: May 12, 2014
Time: 7 - 9 P.M.
Location: Weston Public Library, Community Room, Weston, MA
Speakers: Renee Senes, CDFA, and David Rubin, Esq.
This program for divorcing couples with children will focus on the revised state child support guidelines that were enacted on August 1, 2013. The speakers are legal and financial professionals specializing in working with and representing divorcing couples and individuals. They include Renee W. Senes, a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst from Harvard, MA, and David L. Rubin, Esq., an attorney practicing divorce and family law in Framingham, MA.
The speakers will make presentations on the following aspects regarding the new child support guidelines, followed by a question and answer session:
- Comparisons between the new guidelines and previous ones;
- Comparisons between child support and alimony, and the tax implications;
- Factors to take into consideration in determining whether to use unallocated support;
- Allocation of child support in relation to alimony, even when the combined income of the spouses is less than $250,000;
- How income is calculated for child support; and
- Benefits and risks of negotiating for more child support in consideration for getting less from other income streams, such as retirement benefits.
This seminar is offered free of charge, however a donation of $20 is welcome.
When & Where
The Divorce Center
The Divorce Center is an organization comprised of professionals (i.e. attorneys, mediators, social workers, financial planners etc.) who provide support and knowledge for those going through separation or divorce. Email: email@example.com URL: www.thedivorcecenter.org