The New Hampshire Energy Summit 2013
Monday, September 30, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EDT)
The Second Annual New Hampshire Energy Summit is a Granite state energy policy conference bringing together industry leaders, end-users and policy makers to address emerging issues.
This year's dialogue will be focused on:
- How to maintain reliable and cost-effective electricity supply as we rely more and more on low-cost natural gas as a fuel source;
- Market restructuring including divestiture and retail suppliers; and,
- Sustainable energy investment.
Distinguished speakers include:
- Honorable Margaret Wood Hassan, Governor of New Hampshire
- Honorable Jeb Bradley, NH State Senator
- James Monahan, Vice President at the Dupont Group
- Daniel Allegretti, Vice President of Energy Policy at Constellation an Exelon Company
- John Bennett, Northeast Vice President and General Manager at Constellation
- Peter Brown, Preti Flaherty's Energy Law Practice Group
- Emile Clavet, Co-Owner of Provider Power, the parent to ENH Power
- Joseph Dalton, Director of Government and Regulatory Affairs, GDF Suez North America
- Dan Dolan, President of the New England Power Generators Association
- Mackey Dykes, Chief of Staff at the Clean Energy Finance and Investment Authority
- Kate Epsen, Executive Director of the NH Sustainable Energy Association
- Bart Fromuth, Vice President of Business Operations at Freedom Energy Logistics
- Michael Hachey, Vice President of Regulatory Affairs and Compliance at TransCanada Power Marketing
- Eric Johnson, Director of External Affairs, ISO New England
- Nancy Kyle, President and CEO of the Retail Merchants Association of New Hampshire
- Keith McBrien, Project Manager for GDS Associates
- Clay Mitchell, Partner at Revolution Energy
- Maureen Smith, Shareholder at Orr & Reno
- James Tramuto, Vice President of Governmental and Regulatory Strategies at Southwestern Energy
- Taff Tschamler, Senior Vice President of Business Development at North American Power
When & Where
The Dupont Group and The NHIEC
The Dupont Group is a business and government relations firm helping businesses, business groups, trade associations, nonprofits and others with public policy issues. Our services include lobbying, advocacy, public relations and communications with an emphasis on New Hampshire state government, including the legislature, executive branch and regulatory agencies. Our lobbyists have a history of success and expertise in a wide range of areas, including: energy; business regulation, taxation, permitting and licensing; information technology; transportation and infrastructure; as well as environmental regulations and wetlands laws. Beyond legislation, our work includes rulemaking, procurement and other executive branch functions wherein our lobbyists facilitate interactions with state government officials and their staff.
The New Hampshire Independent Energy Council (NHIEC) was formed in 2009 as an ad hoc coalition of non-utility electric generators, renewable generation developers, private transmission companies and wholesale/retail electricity suppliers. The NHIEC exists to educate and promote efficient, transparent and competitive electric markets in NH to benefit consumers and to advance understanding of the competitive electric industry. NHIEC participants account for a majority of New Hampshire’s electric generation capacity. The NHIEC regularly meets to exchange information on important energy policy issues that impact competitive electric markets.