The Nature of Creativity
Saturday, September 28, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
THE NATURE OF CREATIVITY
Cultivating new possibilities for ourselves, our communities and the earth ... a one-day workshop on how nature inspires us to be more creative
My gift to you is memory ...
and the hope that in remembering
you may shape a new imagining
for this earthball world of ours.
– Anne F. O’Reilly
At THE NATURE OF CREATIVITY workshop, explore the creative process as it is modeled in nature. You will learn how to overcome blocks to your creativity, practice accessing your creative inner nature, and discover ways to connect beyond yourself to take action. Come ready to discover something new ... and consider how the creativity of nature can help us tap our creative nature to improve the common good.
This workshop is open to everyone. It starts with the premise that we are all creative beings. We can can continue to learn new ways to get unstuck, develop original ideas, problem solve differently and generally be more creative on purpose.
We are excited to be hosted by South Kent School’s Center for Innovation, which encourages inquiry into the dynamic interplay between human creativity, intuition and sustainability. The center and its curriculum are a real example of applying creativity in the world to make a difference -- of of the ideas we'll be exploring in the workshop! // MORE DETAILS ABOUT 'THE NATURE OF CREATIVITY' WORKSHOP
A special evening exploring the intersection of creativity, wine and the brain // 5:30-7PM
Following "The Nature of Creativity" workshop, we'll continue discovering the lessons and metaphors from nature that inspire creativity and learning at Hopkins Vineyard overlooking Lake Waramaug in Warren, Connecticut (additional fee - see below). We'll explore how master sommeliers learn to understand wine, what's happening in the brain when they taste wine - and how they transfer this knowledge and experience to others. We'll practice looking at, smelling and tasting wines as the experts do, sampling four of Hopkins wines in the process - all while continuing to explore the nature of creativity through this local example of creative community building. // MORE DETAILS ABOUT 'THE NATURE OF WINE' EVENT
- Steven Dahlberg, International Centre for Creativity and Imagination
- Jim Baker, Vineyard Manager & Winemaker, Hopkins Vineyard
- Rachel Greklek, Winery Manager, Hopkins Vineyard
- Irish Poet Anne F. O'Reilly
- 'The Nature of Creativity' Workshop runs from 9AM to 4PM, Saturday, September 28, 2013, at South Kent School, 170 South Kent Road, South Kent, Connecticut (directions)
- The workshop includes lunch
- 'The Nature of Wine" Special Evening Event runs from 5:30 to 7PM, Saturday, September 28, 2013, at Hopkins Vineyard, 25 Hopkins Road, Warren, Connecticut (directions)
- The wine event includes Hopkins wine tasting with cheese, mini-workshop on wine and the brain, and a keepsake wine glass from Hopkins Vineyard
There are no refunds for these events. Registrations may be transferred to another person.
When & Where
International Centre for Creativity and Imagination
The International Centre for Creativity and Imagination is dedicated to applying creativity to improve the well-being of individuals, organizations and communities.