San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
GET READY! GET SET! LET'S GO!
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 02, 2013
SOCIALITE DELIGHTS presents
MOTOWN - The Broadway Musical
Don't miss out! Come with us to see this amazing musical about a high school drop-out, who sought 'instant fame' during his youth via a short-lived boxing career before finding his true talents in the music industry. The story of Motown will take you on a musical journey from Motown's humble beginnings in downtown Detroit, USA to the magical heights of its global success. For the first time legendary, Berry Gordy, founder of Motown, brings to broadway his incredible 40 years of ups and downs in the music business.
(Berry Gordy contribution to music)
- The first American music label owned by an African American
- The first music label to successfully market black artists to white mainstream audiences
- Responsible for discovering, mentoring, and perfecting a number of American popular music's most influential and successful artists
- Created a "charm school" to ensure that its acts were unformly platable to the mainstream
- Employed the legendary musicians known as The Funk Brothers and the songwriting team of Holland-Dozier-Holland
(Motown Famous Artists)
- Diana Ross and the Supremes, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, The Four Tops
- Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, The Jackson 5, The Temptations
- Martha and the Vandellas, Mary Wells, The Marvelettes, Tammi Terrell
- The Isley Brothers, Kim Weston, Jr., Walker and the All-Stars
- Gladys Knight and the Pips, Rare Earth, The Commodores, Lionel Richie, Rick James
$219.00 per person
Travel Package Includes:
- Light Continental Breakfast
- Comfortable Roundtrip Transportation to New York in a Deluxe Motor Coach
- Ride & Sing Along to Your Favorite Motown Hits
- Walking Guided Tour of 9/11 Memorial or Go Shopping *
- Admission to "Motown" - The Musical Broadway Play (Front and Mid-Mezzanine Seats)
- Bus-Ride Guided Tour of Harlem
- Dinner at Sylvia's "Queen of Soul Food" Restaurant, Harlem**
- All Taxes Included
NOTE: When registering tell event coordinator:
*Whether you want to visit the 9/11 Memorial or shop in local area stores (about 3-hours).
**If you have food allergies.
1st: $120.00 DEPOSIT due June 20, has been EXTENDED TO July 10th (TO RESERVE A SEAT)
2nd: $33.00 due by July 30th
3rd: $33.00 due by August 30th
4th: $33.00 due by September 30th (FINAL PAYMENT)
- You must be at least 5-years old to attend the Motown Musical.
- Due to contract committments for this event THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS.
- Bus ride will take place rain or shine.
We accept cash, money orders and checks (local bank/traveler/certified). Credit Cards and Eventbrite purchases accepts FULL PAYMENTS ONLY + Service Fees.
RESERVE YOUR SPOT TODAY! MAKE A DOWN PAYMENT OF $120 DOLLARS!!! (per person)
In-Person: Call 202-487-5403 (Lisa) or 301-350-7410(Marshielle). E-mail: L_colbert1@aol.com or firstname.lastname@example.org See FAQ for hours.
By Mail: This process requires you to enclose in an envelope the name, address, email and telephone/cell number for each person purchasing a ticket. Acceptable payments: local bank checks, certified or traveler's checks and money orders payable to Oleathia Colbert.
All Deposits should be mailed to Oleathia Colbert, ATTN: Motown Musical Experience 2013, P.O.Box 60097, Washington, DC 20039.
Please note: Mailed payments must be postmarked by payment due date.
On-line: Eventbrite accepts Full Payment only. Additional fees apply.
Dress Attire: Casual and wear comfortable walking shoes.
BUS TRIP SCHEDULE: (Tentative)
TWO PICK-UP LOCATIONS
First pick-up Maryland
4:45 AM - Check-In Starts (POC: Marshielle 301.350.7410)
5:00 AM - Bus ARRIVES - Oxon Hill parking lot at Route 414 & Route 210 near Nat'l Harbor
5:15 AM - Bus DEPARTS for DC (PROMPTLY)
Second pick-up DC
5:30 AM - Check-In Starts (POC: Lisa 202.487.5403)
5:45 AM - Bus ARRIVES - Truesdell Education Center, 800 Ingraham St. NW, Wash., DC 20011
6:00 AM - Bus DEPARTS for NY (PROMPTLY)
8:00 AM - 20-minute stop. You can plan your food and beverage needs accordingly.
10:30 AM - Arrives in New York. (Estimated time)
10:45 AM - Bus drop-off at National 9/11 Memorial or Go Shopping
11:00 AM - Security check-in process (I.D., carry-on bag, plastic bottle water). Walking guided tour.
11:45 AM - LUNCH in New York. Lunch on your own.
12:45 PM - Bus ARRIVES for group pick up.
1:00 PM - Bus DEPARTS. (PROMPTLY)
1:30 PM - Arrive at Theatre.
2:00 PM - Show starts. (one 15-minute intermission)
4:45 PM - Show ends. Bus will be waiting outside for us to board. (Location of bus TBA)
5:15 PM - Bus DEPARTS theatre. (Estimated time)
5:45 PM - Bus-Ride Guided Tour of Harlem
7:00 PM - Dinner at Sylvia's "Queen of Soul" Restaurant in HARLEM, NY (2-hrs.)
9:00 PM - Bus DEPARTS Sylvia's in Harlem, NY. (PROMPTLY)
12:00 AM - Bus ARRIVES in DC (Estimated time)
National 9/11 Memorial: Things you should know:
• The 9/11 Memorial is a place of remembrance and quiet reflection.
• Visitor passes are required and will be checked upon entry.
• Visitor may be asked to show valid photo ID matching their visitor pass name.
• All visitors and baggage are subject to security screening.
• No baggage larger than 8”x17”x19” will be permitted, and bag storage is not available.
• Public restrooms are not available on the Memorial or in surrounding hotels.
• No smoking permitted.
• Please do not throw or place anything in the Memorial pools. Personal photography permitted.
Lunt Fontanne Theater: Things you should know:
• No food is allowed into the theatre.
• There are soft drinks, water, cocktails, candy and show merchandise for sale.
• There is no smoking in the theatre; patrons may go outside during intermission.
• Absolutely NO recording devices are allowed in the theatre, including still cameras.
• There are devices available FREE-of-charge inside the theatre lobby for the hard-of-hearing.
Fequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Compiled below are frequently asked questions (FAQ) reguarding event trips.
Are seats assigned?
Boarding and seating occurs on a first-come, first-served basis.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
ID may be required to visit the 9/11 Memorial. You must be at least 5-years old to attend the Motown Play.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
CAR: From Georgia Avenue NW, turn onto the 900 Block of Ingraham Street, NW. Cross Illinois Avenue, keep straight until you arrive at Truesdell Education Campus, 800 Ingraham Street, NW.
PARKING: On school parking lot at 8th and Jefferson ST. NW.
BUS: E2, E4 (Friendship Heights-Riggs Road/Ivy City), 70,71 (Buzzard Point/9th & Marine-Silver Spring). On Georgia Avenue get off at the CVS near Ingraham St. Walk approximately three blocks to the school.
TRAIN: Petworth Station (Green Line) is the closest metro station to the school. 62, 63 (Takoma - Federal Triangle/Petworth Station), 79 (Archives - Silver Spring). Ride the 62, 63 bus to 5th and Ingraham St. NW. Walk about 5 blocks to the school.
What can/can't I bring to the event?
Bring items to make your trip more enjoyable, such as snacks, reading materials, radio headsets, camera, cell phone, and a small pillow. You must keep all valuables with you at all times. The event planners/organizer(s) will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
Where can I contact the event coordinator(s) with any questions?
Lisa Colbert at:
- Cell Phone: 202-487-5403 (call or text). Available from 10:00AM ET through 10:00PM ET Monday - Friday, including holidays.
- E-mail: L_colbert1@aol.com.
Marshielle Smith at:
- Phone: 301-350-7410. Available from 10:00AM ET through 7:00PM ET Monday - Friday.
- E-mail: Marshielle@aol.com.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, your registration ticket is transferrable Person-to-Person upon a written agreement with the event organizer(s).
Can I update my registration information?
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
What is the refund policy?
NO REFUNDS. All Sales are final. All transactions are non-refundable due to contract commitments for this trip. Alternatives:
- You may donate your ticket(s) to the Brightwood Park United Methodist Church and get a tax-deduction. Donations will be acknowledged with a written receipt. Tickets must be received at least three days before the scheduled bus trip.
- You can find a buyer for your ticket(s). Tickets are transferable Person-to-Person. Notifiy an event coordinator in writing at least one-day before the event.
Is there a RAIN date?
The name on the registration/ticket doesn't match the attendee. Is that okay?
Contact event coordinator immediately.
When & Where
Lisa Colbert, event coordinator
Socialite Delights invites you to join us on a bus trip to the BIG APPLE to experience the Motown Musical. We've planned an entire day of fun.
UPDATE - The Bus will PICK-UP at two locations (MD & DC). Check-In and Bus departure times are tentative. The schedule shown below is based upon us successfully having two buses. All confirmed riders will be notified by mid-October.
MD - PICK-UP:
Check-In @ 5:00AM/Bus DEPARTS @ 5:30AM, Oxon Hill parking lot at Route 414 & Route 210 near the National Harbor. Contact Event Coordinator, Marshielle for details at 301.350.7410 or Marshielle@aol.com.
DC - PICK-UP:
Check-In @ 5:00AM/Bus DEPARTS @ 5:30AM, Truesdell Education Center, 800 Ingraham St., NW. Contact Event Coordinator, Lisa at 202.487.5403 or email@example.com.
DETAILS: Bus to show does not use tickets - - regardless of which "Method" you select to reserve a ticket, you will not receive any.
When you reserve, your name and contact information is added to our check-in list.