The Millennial Learner: Addressing the Expectations of Today's Students
** ARCHIVED PROGRAM **
Recorded on April 23, 2013
Available until April 22, 2015
The Millennial Learner:
Addressing the Expectations of Today's Students
Chair of Department of General Dentistry
College of Dental Medicine
Georgia Regents University
Preceptors, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Pharmacists, Allied Health Professionals, Educators of Future Healthcare Practitioners
1) Develop an better understanding of the characteristics of today's students.
2) Develop a better understanding of modern, evidence based, educational theory.
3) Gain a more complete awareness of the teaching modalities available to them.
4) Cultivate an appreciation for teaching students to think, not just memorize facts.
5) Create a framework by which they can enhance their teaching skills by implementing new teaching modalities in order to better align with the characteristics of the learner.
(1) Personal computer running either Macintosh or Windows with 512 MB of RAM (with speakers).
(2) Broadband Internet connection such as an office LAN, DSL or cable modem.
(3) Latest version of Adobe Flash which can be downloaded free at www.adobe.com.
(4) Access to phone for technical support.
Speaker Disclosure Notice:
The speaker, Richard Callan, DMD, disclosed no other real or apparent conflicts of interest as a presenter for this activity.
Planning Committee Members:
Pam Reynolds, MN, MEd, SOWEGA-AHEC Executive Director
Michelle Huskey, MS, RRT-NPS, CTC, CTCP, SOWEGA-AHEC CE & Distance Learning Coordinator
Darra Ballance, MLIS, AHIP, Georgia Statewide AHEC Network, Director, Retention Programming and Technology
Planning Committee Members' Disclosure Notice:
No planning committee members disclosed any real or apparent conflicts of interest for this activity.
Commercial Support Disclosure Notice:
This activity contains no commercial support.
Save This Event
A not-for-profit organization providing a well-educated, discipline appropriate health professions workforce for southwest Georgia.
SOWEGA-AHEC does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website or conducting our educational programs, so long as these parties agree to confidentiality. However, we may disclose information when legally compelled to do so. You may also receive emails announcing our upcoming educational programs. If at any time you elect to opt out, reply with subject line "please remove."