Join us for the First Annual The Memphis Conference. The Conference will be a Friday evening only event and for the first year is targeted to the MTR family (residents, grads, mentors, staff, and building leadership).
The purpose of The Memphis Conference is to:
- Communicate and advance the Biblical foundation for calling Christians into public urban education as a valid response to the gospel;
- Communicate and advance the strategy of Christian Community Education (CCE) which is the combining of urban education reform within a Christian community development paradigm, and;
- Celebrate the exceptional work of current MTR teachers, mentors and staff and encourage these leaders to persevere.
Speakers and Topics:
- Anissa Listak, Executive Director of Urban Teacher Residency United (UTRU)
The landscape of national urban education reform and the residency model
- Bryan Loritts, Lead Pastor of Fellowship Memphis
Teaching in a public school as a valid response to the gospel
Hors d' oeuvres & Dessert will be served.
When & Where
Memphis Teacher Residency
The Mission of the MTR is: As a response to the gospel mandate to love our neighbors as ourselves, MTR will partner to provide students in Memphis neighborhoods with the same, or better, quality of education as is available to any student in Memphis by recruiting, training and supporting effective teachers within a Christian context.