THE LOS ANGELES TIMES PRESENTS THE "RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK" 30TH ANNIVERSARY SCREENING
Monday, September 12, 2011 at 7:00 PM (PDT)
The Los Angeles Times presents a special 30th Anniversary screening of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in a newly restored and digitally projected format, including a live post-movie Q & A with Director Steven Spielberg moderated by Geoff Boucher of the Los Angeles Times Hero Complex.
RSVP does not guarantee admission to the event. Seats will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Check-in will open at 4 P.M. on the day of the event. PHOTO I.D. MUST BE PRESENTED AT TIME OF CHECK-IN.
Guests are encouraged to park in the West Garage at L.A. Live. Validation will be available inside the Regal Cinemas lobby. Link to Regal Cinemas parking info here - http://lalive.com/visitors/regal-cinemas-parking
Limit 2 tickets per RSVP and 1 RSVP per person. Any person having been found to RSVP more than once will have any additional tickets voided. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO RSVP WITH EXACTLY THE NAME ON YOUR PHOTO I.D. Cell phones and personal cameras will be allowed inside the event. All cameras must have a lens of less than 3 inches. No video cameras, other than those present inside cell phones, will be allowed inside the event. No purchase necessary. The RSVP e-mail will open on 8/30/11 and will close when the screening is full. Limit one (admit-two) pass per person. Theatre is overbooked to ensure capacity and admission is not guaranteed. Arrive early, seating is on a first come, first serve basis. Check-in begins at 4 PM.
Limit 2 tickets per RSVP and 1 RSVP per person. Any person having been found to RSVP more than once will have any additional tickets voided. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO RSVP WITH EXACTLY THE NAME ON YOUR PHOTO I.D.
Cell phones and personal cameras will be allowed inside the event. All cameras must have a lens of less than 3 inches. No video cameras, other than those present inside cell phones, will be allowed inside the event.
No purchase necessary. The RSVP e-mail will open on 8/30/11 and will close when the screening is full. Limit one (admit-two) pass per person. Theatre is overbooked to ensure capacity and admission is not guaranteed. Arrive early, seating is on a first come, first serve basis. Check-in begins at 4 PM.
For rules concerning our stand-by program, see below:
Los Angeles Times
“Anniversary Screening Sweepstakes”
The Los Angeles Times “Anniversary Screening Sweepstakes” (“Sweepstakes”) starts at approximately 10:01 AM (PST) on August 30th, 2011 and ends at 11:59 AM (PST) on September 8th, 2011 (“Sweepstakes Period”). The sponsor of this Sweepstakes is Los Angeles Times Communications, LLC (“LA Times”), 202 West First Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012 (“Sponsor”). The Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all participants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein.
1) NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. 2) How to Enter: Sweepstakes entrants may enter by: a) Submitting a Sweepstakes entry online at www.latimesraiders.eventbrite.com during the Sweepstakes Period.
1) NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
2) How to Enter: Sweepstakes entrants may enter by:
a) Submitting a Sweepstakes entry online at www.latimesraiders.eventbrite.com during the Sweepstakes Period.
b) Becoming a “follower” of the Hero Complex twitter page at www.twitter.com/latherocomplex during the Sweepstakes Period.
Individuals are allowed to each enter one time via each entry method. Duplicate entries by either entry method from the same person will be disqualified. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void such entries and that entrant may be disqualified.
If you enter online, you must provide all information requested on the entry form, and your contact information must be accurate. Incomplete entries will be disqualified, and Sponsor is not responsible for entries that are lost, late, deleted, garbled, corrupted, misdelivered, or misdirected. All entries must be received by the close of the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. The use of automated or third party software or web site to register and/or play is prohibited. All received entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor’s computer clock shall be the official clock of the Sweepstakes. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an online entrant, the holder of the email account will be deemed the person who submitted the Sweepstakes entry.
3) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents Los Angeles, Orange (CA), San Diego, Ventura, Santa Barbara, Riverside and San Bernardino counties who are eighteen (18) years and older at the time of entry. Employees (and the employees’ immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) and members of the same household (whether or not related)) of the Sponsor and of its advertising companies, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies, are not eligible to participate. A potential winner may be requested to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry (for online entrants) and that all eligibility requirements are met.
4) Selection of Winners and Notification: On or about Thursday, September 8th, 2011, Sponsor will randomly select eight Sweepstakes winners from among the eligible entries via the online entry method and two Sweepstakes winners from among the eligible entries received via the Twitter method. Odds of winning a prize in each entry pool depend on the number of eligible entries received in each entry pool. Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners via the email address provided during the entry process or via Twitter account, whichever is applicable, by 5 P.M. on September 8th, 2011. If a winner cannot be contacted or does not respond by Noon on Friday, September 9th, 2011, if a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements, if a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, that winner will be disqualified and Sponsor may select a new potential winner by the same criteria set forth above. Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and a Publicity Release. If so, any such documents must be signed and returned within 48 hours of the time Sponsor sends them to winner.
5) Prizes: Each of 10 winners will receive two tickets to attend a special screening of “Raiders of the Lost Ark”, scheduled for September 12th, 2011 at 7 PM at the Regal Cinemas in Los Angeles.
Total approximate retail value is intangible, as admittance to the event is free but attendance is limited. Any costs associated with prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly stated above are not included in the prize and are the responsibility solely of the prize winner.
Prize is not transferable, and prize substitution will not be allowed, except at the discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event listed prize or portion thereof is unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with the prize. Properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules.
6) Responsibility Release: By entering, Sweepstakes Entrants agree to release, waive, and hold harmless the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, losses, damages, and liability arising from injuries (including death), damages, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney’s fees) incurred as a result of the Sweepstakes entrants’ participation in this Sweepstakes and/or their acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize or element thereof. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
7) Publicity: By entering this Sweepstakes, Sweepstakes entrants agree to allow use of their name, voice, photograph, likeness, and any information provided in the Submission in any medium of communication, including but not limited to print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by the Sponsor and its licensees and affiliates, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
8) Internet/Fraud/Tampering: In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes promotional materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail and govern. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any web site associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor’s opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, Sponsor will select winners as set forth above from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted at the Entry Site and on Twitter. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination thereof.
9) Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state and/or federal courts located in Los Angeles, California; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
10) Winners List or Official Rules: For an Official Winners List (available after September 15th, 2011) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Los Angeles Times “Anniversary Screening Sweepstakes”, attn: Scott Dallavo, Los Angeles Times, 202 W. First Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012, or visit www.latimesraiders.eventbrite.com.