The Lactation Conference for Health Care Professionals Improving Breastfeeding Success for the Preterm Infant Atlanta, Georgia January 11, 2013
Friday, January 11, 2013 from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM (EST)
Improving Breastfeeding Success for the Preterm Infant
- The Infant Feeding Mechanism: An Overview of the Anatomy and Physiology of Sucking and Swallowing
- Setting the Stage for Success: Tips and Tools for Transitioning a Preterm Baby to Breastfeed
- Transitioning Very Low Birth Weight Infants to Exclusive Breastfeeding: Is It Possible?
- Medications and Nutrition Supplements Designed from Mother's Milk Components
- Optimizing Breastfeeding for the Late Preterm Infant
Sarah N. Taylor, MD Neonatologist & Associate Professor, Division of Neonatology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
Katlyn E. McGrattan, PhD(c), MS, CF-SLP Speech Language Pathologist, Doctoral Program in Health and Rehabilitation Science
Medical University of South Carolina
Pamela K. Murphy, PhD, CNM, IBCLC Private Practice Lactation Consultant, Lactation Resources & Clinical Development Manager, Ameda Breastfeeding Products
Target audience: Nurses, Lactation Consultants, Dietitians, Neonatal & Pediatric Nurse Practitioners, Neonatologists & Pediatricians, Speech Language Pathologists & Occupational Therapists working with preterm infants
We are going Green!
We will be providing downloads of the presentation in lieu of printed copies.
Continuing education credit:
Lactation Consultants: 6.5 L CERPs
Registered Dieticians: 6.5 CPEUs
Nurses: 6.5 Contact Hours
Registration will start at 7:30am ~ conference will begin at 8am and end at 4pm.
A light breakfast will be provided.
Email email@example.com with questions. Phone: 843-754-1187