NYC Friday Open Mic Joint @ Funkadelic Studios - Music, Comedy, Poetry
- Performing & Visual Arts
- Funkadelic Studios, New York NY
Attn: All NYC area comedians on the prowl for a paycheck - The Inspired Word presents The NYC Comedy Slam in the heart of Manhattan's Greenwich Village, at the elegant Gallery at Le Poisson Rouge, where you can make fifty bucks for just three minutes of work. Hosted by Advocate of Wordz.
Anything can happen.
When: Friday, Dec. 21, 2012
Where: The Gallery at LPR (Le Poisson Rouge)
158 Bleecker Street
New York, NY 10012
By subway, take the A, B, C, D, E, F to West 4th Street-Washington Square.
Doors open for sign-up @ 7pm.
Cover Charge: $10
21+ Age Limit!
Purchasing tickets in advance guarantee you a slot in the open mic!
The vital details:
1) 25 contestants, 3 minutes each set, one round.
2) You'll be scored by 5 judges chosen randomly, with the high and low scores dropped.
3) Best cumulative score of the middle three judges wins.
4) Go over the time limit by more than 10 seconds, you get deducted 1 point; by more than 20 seconds, deducted 2 points; by more than 30 seconds, we simply yank you off the stage. LOL
5) 1st place - $50 prize, 2nd place - 2 free drinks, 3rd place -1 free drink.
Produced by Mike Geffner Presents The Inspired Word
Founded and produced by longtime New York City journalist and former Village Voice columnist Mike Geffner, The Inspired Word is one of the hottest open mic/performance events in the country, happening every week in downtown Manhattan and having featured some of the finest original performers in the country. Past features include Golden Globe award-winning actress Jill Eikenberry, Emmy/Golden Globe nominated Amber Tamblyn, film/TV actor/comedian Taylor Negron, actor/comedian/TV personality John Fugelsang, Grammy nominated singer Carolyn Malachi, American Idol finalist Anwar Robinson, and HBO Def Poetry stars Shihan, Suheir Hammad, Lemon Andersen, Regie Cabico, Gemineye, and Beau Sia. For more info, please visit: