- You are a first time entrepreneur with an amazing idea, and want to start turning that idea into a real business
- You wished you had moved a little faster because someone else is now making money off your last idea
- You started working on an idea, but now its collecting dust on the shelf
- You are working on your idea and want to make progress much faster
- You have an idea and basic pitch
- You have started to build a simple product and want to move a little faster
- You have a powerpoint deck of your plan and no product
- You are in the process of building a product and would like to make sure what you are building is what customers want
- Knowledge of customer development and "lean startup" principles to help you build a real business
- A clear 60 second pitch that helps supporters and investors immediately understand your idea
- A basic prototype of your idea
- Proof that your idea will (or will not) work
- 5 consecutive Wednesdays beginning January 9th
- A willingness to be coachable and learn how to launch your dream
- Pre-HW: Understanding your "WHY"
- 2/20/13: Program Overview, Pitch Practice, Customer Conversation Strategies, Understanding the Problem You Are Solving, Riskiest Assumption Exercise
- 2/27/13: Lead / Primary Product Feature Exercises
- 3/6/13: Business Models, Unit Economics, and Metrics
- 3/13/13: Product / Market Fit, Investor Deck Framework
- 3/20/13 MVP Fair
When & Where
Brian L. Shields
Brian L. Shields is a successful former Private Equity executive who has done billions of dollars of transactions with Welsh Carson, and coached several finance professionals along their pathway to careers at firms such as Carlyle, Sun Capital Partners, etc.
For more information on Brian L. Shields, click here.