Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
"The Hidden Logic of Teenagers: How to Hear What They Aren't Saying"
with Dr. Mike Riera, author of Uncommon Sense for Parents of Teenagers
Thursday, January 31, 2013, 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
Menlo-Atherton Center for the Performing Arts (PAC)
Renowned parenting expert Dr. Mike Riera offers his expert advice on how to talk to your teen in "The Hidden Logic of Teenagers: How to Hear What They Aren't Saying." Dr. Riera is one of the country's foremost authorities on understanding children and teens, and he is known to providing no-nonsense, pratical advice for parents in understanding their adolescents. He literally wrote the book on parent-teen communication in his bestsellers Uncommon Sense for Parents of Teenagers and A Field Guide to the American Teenager.
Dr. Riera offers great advice with humor, warmth, and compassion. Truly the best parent educator in the business on the subject of parent-teen communication!
*Learn why teenagers do what they do, and why they won't/can't explain it
* Learn how to hear what they're not saying
* How how to have the Big Talks: Drugs, Alcohol, Sex, Money, Internet
* Learn about normal adolescent development (physical, thinking, social, identity, and family)
* Learn why it's more important to be their parent than their friend
* And most of all: learn to enjoy this beautiful (and frustrating) phase of family life!
M-A Parent Education Series events are FREE and sponsored by the
and the Sequoia Healthcare District.
For more information, please contact Charlene Margot, M-A Parent Education Series Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650.868.0590.