The Happiness at Work Survey Masterclass with Nic Marks
Aug 2nd & 3rd in San Francisco, CA
Background to Well-being and Happiness at Work
Well-being is becoming serious business. This is because research shows happy and fulfilled employees create consistently higher performing workplaces.
The Masterclass is a unique opportunity for experienced HR practitioners, coaches and consultants to work with Nic Marks, world-renowned expert on well-being.
Participants will gain an understanding of the theory and modern application of the science of happiness to organizations as well as operational knowledge of the survey tool.
The Happiness at Work Survey Introduction
A collaboration between nef (the New Economics Foundation) and Delivering Happiness at Work, the Happiness at Work Survey is a simple, online workplace survey that presents multidimensional results on the forces of happiness against a robust sample of the population. You can try the survey for free here.
Classes are participative and fun, using practical exercises that draw on your own experiences.
Day One, Thur Aug 2nd, 9am - 4pm
This class is for those interseted in an in depth overview of the science and impact of happiness in the work place as well as an introduction to the Happiness at Work Survey.
· The science behind well-being at work
· The business case for investing in well-being
· nef's model of well-being at work
· Five Ways to well-being at work
· Introduction to the Happiness at Work Survey
Day Two, Fri Aug. 3rd, 9am - 4pm
The second day in conjunction with the first day is designed to equip you with the background, skills and confidence necessary to administer and analyze the survey with your team, organization, or customers.
· Setting up the survey to address real time organizational needs
· Making sense of and interpreting results
· Facilitatating conversations with teams and organizations
· Designing interventions to address identified challenges
· Overcoming barriers to organizational resistance
Logistics & Agenda
· Classes will be held in the MacArthur Room on the 2nd floor of the Galleria Park Hotel, 191 Sutter St, San Francisco, CA
· Class will run 9am to 4pm both days wtih a one hour break at noon
· Breakfast, lots of coffee, mid-morning and afternoon snacks provided
· Special room rates at the Galleria Park Hotel are available at $169 night (reg $257) for up to four nights (details upon registration)
· Please do contact us with any questions : )
More. About Nic Marks
Nic Marks is a world recognized expert in the field of well-being and happiness, a qualified psychotherapist and an accomplished public speaker. With an academic background in statistics, applied systems thinking and organizational change he brings deep insight, science and a little humor to everything he does.
Nic founded nef's award winning Centre for Well-being and has led the program at nef since 2001. Together with his colleagues he created three impactful pieces of work: the Happy Planet Index, the National Accounts of Well-being and Five Ways to Well-being. In 2010, Nic gave a talk at the prestigious TED global conference on his work.
More. About Delivering Happiness at Work
Delivering Happiness at Work was born from the New York Times bestseller Delivering Happiness by Zappos.com CEO Tony Hsieh.
A workplace culture coaching organization we offer speaking, workshops, and executive coaching.
Our purpose is to unleash human potential in the workplace. We know that happier employees means: 1) a better life and 2) more successful company. At our core are the same principles of happiness, values, and purpose that took Zappos from $0 to $2 billion in profits. It's our mission to share the Make Happy Work model with you to create your own amazing, happy workplace.
When & Where
Delivering Happiness at Work, Inc.
We help YOU make happy work.