Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
The Funnest Adventure Race on the Planet!
THE GREAT AMAZING RACE is an exciting adventure race that features two-person teams (adults & kids grades k-12) racing through obstacle course in competition against their peers. Created in 2012, the GAR is uniquely designed to challenge your ability to work as a T-E-A-M!
Modeled after the popular TV show, teams complete a one-mile cross country course sprinkled with a string of up to eight outdoor challenges. Each station challenges teammates to work together - collaborate & communicate - to complete task before advancing to next station. Waves begin every 10 minutes - kids teams, then adult teams.
1. The race is open to everyone - runners, joggers, walkers - pee wees to grandparents.
2. A team consists of 2 persons ... adult/adult, adult/kid or kid/kid.
3. Teams compete in 4 race divisions ... Grades K-2, 3-5, 6-8, & 9-adults.
4. Each race offers 3 challenge levels ... easy, intermediate & difficult. Be aware, the difficult course consumes energies equivalent to that of a 5K.
5. Racers should be prepared to get a little dirty and wet – it’s part of the fun!
6. Plan on 60 minutes to complete the course.
7. The tops 25 teams from each city race qualify for Regional Championship Race (Kansas City, Cincinnati or New Orleans) and chance to win $1,200.
Teachers, military, police, fire, EMS & large groups (10+ teams) receive special pricing through the www.GreatAmazingRace.com portal only.
DONATE USED SNEAKERS FOR PEDIATRIC CANCER
We partner with the Max Cure Foundation's - Dunk Your Kicks program which fights against pediatric cancer. You too can join the fight by donating 2 pairs of used sneakers or running shoes to the cause. When you do, you will receive a free mulligan/2 minute time-eraser token for the race. We believe that one good deed deserves another.
When & Where
The Great Amazing Race Company
The Great Amazing Race Series began in 2012 as an activity to promote health & wellness for families, friends and co-workers. Since our initial debut, we have continued to grow hosting more than 70 race annually all across the country.