The Funnest Adventure Race on the Planet!
The Great Amazing Race is a national skills competition that features two-person teams racing through an obstacle course in competition with their peers. Since 2012 - this exciting adventure race series, modeled after the TV show, has invited contestants to complete a one-mile course sprinkled with up to eight fun-filled outdoor challenges. Clue cards provided at each station instructs teams to complete a task (obstacle, game, relay, etc) before advancing to the next challenge station. How well teammates work together (communicate & collaborate) is the most essential ingredient to winning the race.
1. The race is open to everyone - runners, joggers, walkers - pee wees to grandparents.
2. A team consists of two people - adult/adult, adult/kid or kid/kid.
3. Teams compete in 4 race divisions, based on grade of youngest team member. (Grades: K-2, 3-5, 6-8, & 9-adults)
4. Each race offers 3 challenge levels ... easy, intermediate & difficult ... based on age & fitness level of racers. Be aware, the difficult course consumes energies equivalent to that of a 5K.
5. Racers should be prepared to get a little dirty and wet – it’s part of the fun!
6. Races are held rain or shine ... plan on 60 minutes to complete the course.
7. The tops 25 teams from each city race qualify for Regional Championship Race (Kansas City, Cincinnati or New Orleans) and chance to win $1,500.
8. Spectators are welcome to tag along for free and take photos for the scrapbook.
Teachers, military, police, fire, EMS & large groups (10+ teams) receive special pricing through the www.GreatAmazingRace.com portal only.
DONATE USED SNEAKERS FOR PEDIATRIC CANCER
We partner with the Max Cure Foundation's - Dunk Your Kicks program which fights against pediatric cancer. You too can join the fight by donating 2 pairs of used sneakers or running shoes to the cause. When you do, you will receive a free mulligan/2 minute time-eraser token for the race. We believe that one good deed deserves another.
BECOME A SPONSOR: We offer corporate and business copportunities that include many exciting exposure possibilites for your company. Click here for more information.
VOLUNTEER & RACE FOR FREE: Volunteer and you will receive a free team entry for friends or family members to participate in the race. You can also receive community service hours. Must be 15 or older. Click here for more informaton.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.