A National Race Series Supporting Pediatric Cancer
Since 2012 - Over 150 Races & Thousands of Smiles
For Adults & Kids Grades K-12
On-line registration will close once 120 team limit is reached!
ABOUT THE RACE
Sign up for this national D.I.T. (Do-It-Together) family-friendly competition that is modeled after the TV show "THE AMAZING RACE." For two-person teams consisting of friends, family members, neighbors or co-workers. It's way more fun than a 5K and a perfect birthday party idea! Official Site: www.GreatAmazingRace.com.
“Thank you for an amazing day! My daughter and I haven't laughed so much or pushed ourselves in forever. We will be back!" ... Testimonial
The Great Amazing Race series makes pit stop in NFL, NBA and MLB cities. The top 25 teams from each local race qualify for Championship Race and $1,500 prize.
We are partnering with the Max Cure Foundation's - Dunk Your Kicks program which fights against pediatric cancer. You too can join the fight by donating 2 pairs of used sneakers or running shoes to the cause. When you do, you will receive a free mulligan/2 minute time-eraaser token for the race. We believe that one good deed deserves another.
Teams consist of two participants: Adult/Adult, Adult/Kid or Kid/Kid.
Kindergarten and Pre-K are allowed if paired with an adult.
Race packets can be picked up 45 miniutes prior to start of the race.
Teachers, military, police, fire & EMS receive special pricing through the www.GreatAmazingRace.com portal only.
1. Teams of two people race against other teams around a one-mile cross country course completing a string of fun challengs speckled every 200 yards. Clue cards provided at each station directs teams to complete a challenge that requires teamwork - before proceeding to the next challenge station. Contestants strive to arrive at the finish line with the fastest overall time.
2. How well you work and communicate with your teammate are the most essential skills to winning the race.
3. Racers should be prepared to get a little dirty and wet – it’s part of the fun!
4. Racers can choose Recreation or Competitive level on race day.
5. Challenge stations include varying levels of difficulty (easy,intermediate & difficult) , based on age and fitness level of the participants.
6. Plan on 60 minutes to complete the race course. Be aware ... the competitive course consumes energies equivalent to that of a 5K race.
7. Unsure of a teammate? No worries, you have until race day to decide on a partner.
8. Race is held rain or shine.
9. Spectators are welcome to tag along for free to cheer on the racers and take photos for the scrapbook.
10. Large Groups & Birthday parties: celebrate someone's special day in a wild way!
11. Mulligan/Time-Saver Tokens are offered. Teams will be given a second chance to complete a task and not be penalized. It's great for any race miscues. (Limit of 1 per team) Teams that donate 2 pairs of used sneakers or running shoes for pediatric cancer will receive token for free.
12. We can set up a similar health & wellness event for your company or organization.
AWARDS & ADVANCEMENT
Medals are presented to the winners of each division (determined by grade of youngest team member): Grades K-2, Grades 3-5, Grades 6-9, and Grades 10 - Adult teams divisions.
The top 25 teams from each local race will qualify for the Championship Race and chance to win $1,500 prize.
The GREAT AMAZING RACE Series supports the 30-MINUTES-A-DAY family and academic initiative, a national program that encourages parents to be good ROLE MODELS by participating in three daily home activities (30 minutes a day, 5 times a week) at home, together with their kids, that have the power to improve their students's academic performance and family quality of life: physical exercise, reading books and eating healthy.
BECOME A SPONSOR: We offer corporate and business copportunities that include many exciting exposure possibilites for your company. Click here for more information.
VOLUNTEER & RACE FOR FREE: Volunteer and you will receive a free team entry for friends or family members to participate in the race. You can also receive community service hours. Must be 15 or older. Click here for more informaton.