The Future of Leap2A
Friday, 25 November 2011 from 11:00 to 15:00 (GMT)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
This meeting will explore the consensus on the next steps forward for Leap2A, the specification for e-portfolio portability and interoperability, and will be vital to informing decisions about its future funding and governance. Is the limiting factor on interoperability now actually the coherence and consistency of related practice? We will be inviting practitioners to discuss ways forward together with developers.
Discussion may cover:
- review of Leap2A achievements to date
- testing the strengths and weaknesses of the specification
- ideas from the Australian Flexible Learning Framework study
- motivating the community towards use and development
- opportunities for Leap2A development
- the challenge of coherence within diverse e-portfolio practice
- how personal/professional development practice can develop to take better advantage of Leap2A
- your own ideas on what will take Leap2A and related practice forward
Please say if you would like to share news or make any kind of presentation.
Practitioners and developers are all welcome to the whole day. The morning may have a bias towards technical development, and the afternoon may relate more to practice, as guidance if you can only come for half a day. Space constraints limit us to a maximum of 20 places.
If you have any interest in the interoperability of personal or professional development or lifelong learning e-portfolio tools, or Leap2A, please come yourself, or send someone from your organisation, to stay in touch with shaping of increasing interoperability with Leap2A for the future.
The event is co-located with the annual residential seminar of the Centre for Recording Achievement.
Please register on this page.
Here is the location of the Lakeside Centre itself.
When & Where
Cetis is the Centre for Educational Technology, Interoperability and Standards. Our staff are globally recognised as leading experts on education technology innovation, interoperability and technology standards. For over a decade Cetis has provided strategic, technical and pedagogical advice on educational technology and standards to funding bodies, standards agencies, government, institutions and commercial partners.