Co-sponsored with the The Fundraising School at Indiana University's Lilly Family School of Philanthropy.
Create a program that brings funds year after year.....From knowing how to use volunteers most effectively for your special event to soliciting major gifts on a yearly basis, this course will help you build a solid annual campaign fund. You will learn how to use the fundraising strategies that most appeal to your potential donors. Find out how you can create a broad, enduring base of supporters who will take your nonprofit to its annual funding goal. Thus program is designed for development officers, annual fund campaign staff, board members, volunteers, prospect researchers, program officers, department heads and financial officers.
Participants must stay through the end of the class in order to receive the Certificate of Completion. Travel arrangements and other appointments should be scheduled around class times. The course will adjourn at 5:00 p.m. on the last day.
You'll learn how to:
- Determine which strategies to use and when to use them
- Manage your time effectively
- Make a convincing case for support
- Create gift range charts for planning
- Get volunteers actively involved with your fundraising
- Use the annual fund to support a total development program
- How to put together an annual fund by using worksheets
- How to assess the cost efficiency and effectiveness of your annual fund
What you'll receive
- An easy-to-use, comprehensive Study Guide to use for future reference
- Check lists for organizing special events
- Training exercises to use in your workplace
- Planning tools for your direct mail program
- Tips from annual fund specialists
Instructor: Carole Pence, an instructor with the Indiana Center on Philanthropy since 1993.
When & Where
NorthSky Nonprofit Network
NorthSky is a nonprofit program of Rotary Charities of Traverse City that assists northern Michigan nonprofit organizations strengthen their capabilities through capacity building and sustainability support. It provides a wide range of services and resources to help nonprofit organizations deliver programs effectively and efficiently. NorthSky also serves as a conduit for new resources securing state and national support and partnerships to bring technical and financial resources home to nonprofits and social enterprises in this region. As part of Rotary Charities’ mission, NorthSky also serves in leadership roles, participating and facilitating regional initiatives.