San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please join us for The Fishing School'sGrand Slam: A Celebration of Impact and Achievement on Saturday, September 17, 2016 at Nationals Park. Our annual fundraiser is a unique and exciting experience unlike any event you have ever attended. The evening promises to be a casual, family-friendly environment for you to help support hundreds of young people and their families in Washington, D.C. through out-of-school time programming.
The event supports The Fishing School's mission of providing academic enrichment and a safe haven for underserved young people and their families living in Washington, D.C. Sponsors enjoy a host of marketing opportunities for their companies and all guests:
- Will experience the beautiful Lexus Presidents Club
- Have the opportunity to race Teddy
- Can step onto the outdoor patios and wander to the warning track, where you are free to stop by the dugouts for snacks and cocktails
- Pop into the batting cages where you can use all of the equipment and meet former major league players, get their autographs, and have them coach you during batting practice
- Enjoy gourmet ballpark fare
- Partake in one of the behind the scenes tours that take you around the facility, the press box, and even to the very off limits players' dressing rooms
- Meet the Nationals mascot, Screech, and join him at the sundae bar in the Family Zone
- Make their way down to the Kidz Zone where there will be games and fun for all ages!
For more information, contact Elizabeth Spagnoletti at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-399-3618, ext. 28.
When & Where
The Fishing School
We believe that children succeed in school when they are provided supports in math and reading; develop sound life skills; and when their parents are engaged. We also know that sustaining high quality interventions over a long period of a child’s life can produce the greatest results.
Youth receive high quality interventions through after school programs; summer programs; and Saturday, holiday, and virtual activities for middle school youth. Simultaneously, the youths’ parents and key family members are provided a host of supports and opportunities to engage in their child’s academic progress. Our school- and community-based programs are infused with technology to build 21st century skills, and supported by nonprofit and corporate partnerships to augment the resources we cannot provide alone. This approach, combined with strong school-day partnerships and a heavy emphasis on data analysis and outcomes, brings about strong and sustained results for children in our city.