Brokelyn is celebrating its first birthday during Internet Week by treating our readers like a
bunch of swells. We're sponsoring THE RAFFLE OF THE CENTURY, featuring
fancy, splurgy Brooklyn experiences for just $2 a ticket: Proceeds go to
help pay our writers -- and support the Brooklyn Public Library. We'll
also have an hour of free Icelandic vodka, along with $3 drafts and a
special broke-a-tini cocktail.
Turntabling will be provided by DJ Small Change and DJ Lani Love
Here are some of prizes you can win at the party:
*$100 at Five Leaves restaurant
*$50 at Guvnors vintage clothing boutique
*$50 at Buttermilk Channel
*$75 at the Meat Hook
*$50 at Red Hook Lobster Pound
*A free class at 3rd Ward
*A night at Rugby Gardens B&B, plus $25 at Market and wine from TB Ackersons
* One-hour massage and hair consultation from Slope Suds
* $50 at Cog & Pearl
* Cut and color from the Beehive Spa & Downtime Salon
* A private rooftop yoga lesson and free week at GoodYoga
* A one-hour massage plus hair consultation at Slope Suds
* An at-home consultation and hour of pilates at the Art of Fitness
* A day of professional services by photographer George Barberis
* Beginning arial silk trapeze lessons for two from House of Yes
* $60 at Green Kitchen restaurant
* And a $500 gift card from Amex!!! Crazy, right???
Raffling will begin at 8:30, with a new raffle every half an hour. OH GOD IT'S EXCITEMENT OF THE CENTURY.
Dress code: Look like a million bucks! Special prizes will be given to the best-dressed guy and gal.