The First 90-Days: Take Young Professionals from New Hire to Peak Performer
Wednesday, May 8, 2013 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Whether you brand our newest generation of young professionals creative, collaborative and tech savvy; disrespectful, entitled and downright whiny—or something in between—their success in the workplace will determine whether our nation’s recent economic crises are footnotes in history or reoccurring themes.
Here are a few statistics to consider:
- By 2014 Millennials (Gen Y) will comprise 50% of the workforce.
- 46% of the people hired will fail in the first 18 months on the job.
- The cost of turnover is “14 times the base salary for those earning under $100K.”
Statistics pulled from Tony Bingham, President of the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD), Mark Murphy’s “Hiring for Attitude” and Michael Watkins’ “The First 90 Days” respectively.
Starting off on the right foot has never been more important than now!
In our upcoming virtual training session, generational career and workplace expert, Alexia Vernon, will share simple, easy to apply best practices for meeting your young professionals where they are and taking them where they need to be to thrive in your company by the end of their first quarter. This webinar is a must for hiring managers, human resources professionals, trainers, department managers and other workplace staff in your organization who work with your next-gen workforce.
Alexia will share:
- How to create a knockout Day 1 experience.
- The secrets to providing exactly what young professionals need to know to succeed.
- The critical Do’s and Don’ts of integrating young professionals into your culture.
- Strategies for building high-impact communicators on your team.
- A foolproof recipe for receiving a return on your expectations and investment.
- Tools for keeping young professionals focused on their priorities and on the pathway to success.
- How to create a customer service orientation to head off the most common pitfalls on Millennial hires.
- Tips and techniques for funneling the right young professionals into your leadership pipeline.
Statistics pulled from Tony Bingham, President of the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD), Michael Watkins’ “The First 90 Days” respectively.
Intern Bridge, Inc.
Intern Bridge is the nation's premier college recruiting consulting and research firm. We survey over 27,000 students annually to capture trends of internship and recruiting experiences. The critical survey data is the basis for our work: helping companies build meaningful entry-level talent programs, and assisting career centers to better serve their student populations.
Our work is accomplished through a variety of methods including national workshop tours, online professional development webinars and conferences, publications, custom research, and consulting. Intern Bridge has sold thousands of college recruiting best practices books. Over 10,000 recruiters, managers, and career center practitioners have taken part in our professional development efforts. We have worked with over 80% of the Fortune 100 organizations, in addition to being represented on almost every college campus in the nation.
Intern Bridge is proud to be a Business Week Top 25 Under 25 company.