The Fashion Media Project - Video Planning Meeting
Monday, June 10, 2013 from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM (PDT)
The Fashion Media Project
Luxury and Luxury Goods
We’re taking a big step in starting the month of June with a planning meeting for the Fashion Media Project in a style that you might expect at the beginning of next year.
Please join us Monday, June 10, 2013 in Conference Room 212. Our session will last from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. We might also repair to a local retailer for an adult beverage after such exciting work.
Thornhill & Studio
Suite 223, Fremont Space Building - Conference Room 212
600 North 36th Street - Fremont/Seattle, Washington 98103
There is no charge for the gathering, and you can register for free at http://connection3.eventbrite.com
At the meeting, we will identify the proposed outcome, work on the research and editorial grounding and then finally begin to talk about some of our successes in these last two years and the fashion photography exhibition for 2014.
The rationale for explaining ourselves so carefully - approximately 6 months ahead of our expectations – is that our end game seems to be much closer to accomplishing than we could have dreamed.
In January of this year, I stated that June 2013 would be the month for announcements related to starting a television channel dedicated to the worlds of design, manufacturing, retail and communications in the dramatic world of high fashion.
Welcome to June. This month there are three obvious dates to speak to the “Fashion Media” concept.
1. June 13 is the 5th annual celebration of the United States switching the traditional analog television transmission platform to digital in 2009. This has set a global transition in motion that is now rolling through about 100 countries.
2. June 18 to 21 are the dates for a very special gathering. And, the 2013 Board of Directors for the Association of Higher Education Campus Television Administrators has announced that Andrew W. Thornhill, Founder of The Digital Television Report (DTR) will be the keynote speaker for the AHECTA 2013 Conference. www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=263143504138&story_fbid=130876963764805
3. June 25 will find me back in Bellevue, Washington for the next “Fashion Bloggers Connection.” We launched the schedule of “Very Stylish Mixers” in May in (Williamsburg) Brooklyn, New York, will add some fireworks in the great state of Washington and round out the year in North Carolina, California, Hawaii and Florida.
Each of these is important, but my presumption is that The Fashion Media project would be served well by understanding the need for some documentation of our project, the development process and basic projections.
For documentation, there will be two items discussed on Monday. The first is a small booklet – made available at each of the events in June. This will be a simple start.
The second is a video describing the history of our work, including the great partners involved in making it happen. What a story! What storytellers!
If you are unable to make this planning meeting and would like to give input, don’t hesitate to send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All of this, and more, on Monday; I hope you can join us.
Andrew W. Thornhill
When & Where
The Thornhill Design Laboratory
The Thornhill Design Laboratory
(1) CATALOGUE: A Carefully Curated Presentation of Thornhill Design Laboratory Holdings
Offered in print, digital and display forms; details on processes and products, the master calendar and production schedules are provided. Key elements of scheduling are automated to provide guidance in development of and integration with the Digital Landscape.
(2) The Thornhill Design Lab Salon
An inventory meeting: A weekly synopsis of everything connected to the Thornhill Design Laboratory. Ongoing development includes Administration, The Digital Landscape, Database Management, Financial Planning, Editorial, Design Continuity, Integrated Marketing Planning, Partners & Sponsor Presentations. We compare, set direction, project & package. Presented in Fremont, an iconic neighborhood in Seattle; known as “The Center Of The Universe” by residents and neighbors.
(3) Thornhill Digital Storytelling (TDS)
TDS Digital Storytelling Documentary Proposal Seminars – Series & Special Events
TDS NEWS – Event Program, TDS NEWS Digital - http://digitalstorytellingseminar.blogspot.com/
Digital Media Devices
(4) The Fashion Media Project
Research, Events, Radio, Television, Tablets, Transmedia
The Fashion Bloggers Connection
(5) Thornhill Design Lab Workshop
Design Review / Kai Zen
What is design? Aesthetics for inspiration, product development, financial planning and real-world
case studies are included - create using function and form. Design efficient operations structures, work processes, digital networks, multi-platform media programming and manufacturing to proceed aggressively in the digital-led economy. You will better understand and appreciate the talents of designers, storytellers, planners and artists.
(6) Bookstore, Learning & Production Studio
Schedule, Research, Documentation, Internet Presence
Facilities / Environment / Library
Book Sales / Bookstore / Digital Media Devices,
Client Services: Case Studies / Strategy / Extensions,
Product Development, Co-Productions
Andrew W. Thornhill
Andrew W. Thornhill,
All Rights Reserved