HR professionals like you must understand the current business climate in order to prepare your company’s workforce strategies. Find out how the economy and government fiscal policy impacts your company. Join CBIA vice president and economist Pete Gioia for a discussion on
- The results of a CBIA survey on public policy and economic issues
- The current economic forecast
- Other fiscal issues impacting Connecticut businesses
This program has been approved for 2.25 (Business Management and Strategy) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
- Why is economy important in HR?
- What online and other easy to access resources regarding economic information exist?
Market Forces: Why Pete Is Optimistic
Current status of:
- Consumer spending
- Debt and deleveraging
- Capital spending
- Corporate balance sheets
- Other timely economic statistics
Policy Forces: Why Pete Is Pessimistic
- Impact of the Congress and state policymakers on the economy
- Government fiscal pictures
- Regulatory impacts
- Potential pros and cons of ACA/”Obamacare”
- International concerns etc. as related to human resources
Demographic Forces: Why Pete Is Scared
- U.S and state demographic status and trends
- Labor force participation, aging, prime working age population
- Population shifts
- Education levels among cohorts
- Immigration issues
CBIA Surveys: What Members Tell Us
- Overview of original CBIA research of state executives on economic issues
- Quarterly economic, credit and C&I RE surveys, policy surveys, trade and work force surveys
- Other national surveys
A Word on Confidence and Forecast Trends
Why confidence is a key to business investment and growth? What’s the outlook for 2013-15?
What Can HR Do?
- Be informed, prepare, plan and advise
- Talent mapping, training, cross training, succession planning
- Three to five year action plans
- How to forecast expansion or contraction and other trends
- How to better know your market
Tune to WFSB Channel 3 or WTIC 1080 for cancellations due to inclement weather.