Crowdsourcing of innovation and capital, lean software and the distribution of manufacturing—collectively these trends are creating a democratization of innovation—where individual actions and autonomy are substituting for existing models that rely on large organizations and dollar amounts.
Is this a sustainable trend? What does it mean for our innovation economy?
Please join Startup DC/VA/MD and Founder Corps on May 16, 2012 from 7:30am - 9:30am for a panel discussion where members of our regional innovation community will talk about their experiences, and address these questions and others.
Our panelist inlcude:
- Moderator: Jonathan Aberman, Managing Director, Amplifier Ventures,
President, FounderCorps and Co-chair of Startup VA
- Asish Jaiman, Architect Evangelist, Microsoft
- Mike Lincoln, Partner, Cooley LLP
- David Miller, Researcher and Professor, George Mason University
- Edmund Pendleton, Director, Citrin Fellows Program and Asst. Director VentureAccelerator, Mtech
- Mark Walsh, CEO, GeniusRocket
When: May 16, 2012
Where: Dome Theater, Artisphere, 1101 Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA
Artisphere is two blocks from the Rosslyn Metro on the Blue/Orange line)
Exit on Moore Street, turn right to Wilson Boulevard, left one block to Artisphere at 1101 Wilson.
Time: 7:30am - 8:00am - Registration
8:00am - 9:30am - Panel discussion and Q&A
Cost: Registration is free!
Thank you to the following partners who are making this event possible:
This event is proudly supported by: