The Demand Project's First Annual Walk Concert and 5K Run
Saturday, October 19, 2013 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Thank you to our Sponsors
The Vintage Pearl
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
Unique Audio Visual, Inc.
Hello Tulsa Walkers~Runners & Rockers,
Thank you for registering for The Demand Projects first annual Walk Concert/5K Run. This event is designed to give the community a voice in the fight against sexual exploitation, sex trafficking and online enticement going on right here in Oklahoma!
Come to the event prepared to be educated but leave the event being activated to do your part in preventing this from happening in your community!
NOTE - Online registration will close today 10-18-13 BUT You can still register the day of the event.
Please read below for important information regarding the event:
8:00- Check-in and registration Pre-Walk/5K Run Ceremony bigins
*Our Emcees this year are a dynamic duo~ District Attorney Tim Harris and Rock 103.3 Radio Host Jill Munroe*
- National Anthem by Brian Nhira
- Dramatic presentation by Natasha's House of Hip Hop
- Speakers: Jason and Kristin Weis Founders of The Demand Project
- Music by Nathan Sink
- Special guest speaker-Mathew P. Cyran, Assistant U.S. Attorney and Project Safe Childhood Coordinator
- Song by Brian Nhira
- OBN Director Darrell Weaver
9:30 am-Run Starts
10:30am-Runners awards ceremony
This is not the time to leave the event! You have now been educated by the program, networked with other anti-trafficking organizations, walked or ran on behalf of victims of sexual exploitation...now let's celebrate together that you are activated to be part of a team that has a strategic solution in the prevention of sexual exploitation.
Celebration Concert with:
Soverign Dame, Fiawna Forte and Dante and the Hawks
Thank you Vintage Pearl for helping to sponsor this event!
11:50am-Closing words to end The Demand Project's 2013 Walk Concert & 5K Run
There is plenty of parking on the north side of the RiverWalk. Please, no parking on the south side by Los Cabos Restaurant.
What to wear to the Walk
Dress in layers so you are warm at the start and finish lines, and cool during the event. We suggest you wear comfortable walking shoes. Please note that there is no baggage/shoe check at the Walk.
What you'll receive at the Walk:
Walk bib and t-shirt, if you registered online prior to the Walk.
Run t-shirt, if you registered online prior to the racce, d-tag and goody bag.
What to bring with you to the Walk:
Signs: We encourage Walkers to bring signs with creative ways to show support for the mission of The Demand Project.
Donations: Your donation helps support The Demand Projects fight against sexual exploitation through prevention, prosecution, rescue and restoration programs. TDP will receive donatins and any funds you have collected when you check-in the day of the event. We can receive cash, checks and credit cards as a payment method.
The Run will be a certified timed 5K route and the Walk is a mile justice Walk to demonstrate the power in each one of us to make a difference in a child's life, one step at a time. There will be medals for winners in various age groups and a special prize for first place male and female winners.
Bring your family, friends, and yes even your pets! Strollers are welcome. Hydration stations provided by Kangen Water and Jenks Nutrition.
The Kids Corner:
Purchase a family pass for the kids corner and enjoy face printing, games, bouncy houses and tattoos. Extra goodies include cotton candy and popcorn.
Visit the booths and tables area where you can network, get involved and pick up recources from other anti-trafficking organizations in Oklahoma.
For more information email us at email@example.com
From The Demand Project Team
The Demand Project | PO Box 1352 | Jenks Oklahoma 74037 | firstname.lastname@example.org www.thedemandproject.org
When & Where
The Demand Project
The Demand Project's Mission is to direct our efforts, resources and energy toward the eradication of sexual exploitation, with an emphasis on the sexual exploitation of children. Whether they’re victims of trafficking, forced prostitution, online enticement or child pornography - our mission is to end all sex crimes by targeting the DEMAND side of sexual exploitation. (Demand = Predator)
- Educating and training parents about online predators
- Educating communities about the dangers of pimps, traffickers and predators
- Coordinating annual events that brings much needed awareness and raise funds for prevention, rescue + restoration and prosecution operations
Rescue & Restoration
- Operating VAST (Victim Advocate Support Team)
- Partnering with Law Enforcement in the rescue of sex trafficking victims
- Facilitate resources needed for sex trafficking victims to become survivors
- Funding Law Enforcement Task Force Units that specifically target sexual exploitation networks and individuals that exploit children through the use of technology and the internet
- Cyber Information Unit that research and document online predator profiles
- Advocating legislation that strengthens current laws regarding sexual exploitation