QUEENS PSYCHOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION
ST. JOHN’S UNIVERSITY
Office of Postgraduate Professional Development Programs
The Dark Side of Electronic and Social Media Communication
The Bright Side of Using Technology in a Practice
This program is for Mental Health Professionals and Students ONLY
- Twitter and the Proliferation of Internet Trolls
- The Dark Side of Twitter
- Useful and Dark Side of Listservs
- Dark side of Big Data
- Revenge Porn
- Facebook - Social Minefield or Tool for Connections
- Texting - Is it really "talking"
- Practice Management Software- office automation yields financial and temporal freedom (more money and time for you)
- Psychological Testing - Online without owning the test
- (Almost) Free Electronic Document Storage - Find anything ... almost instantly !
- Save your electronic files for access anywhere in HIPAA compliant storage (free)
- Telephonic Management that has you connected whenever you want -- and keep your privacy.
- Remote control a computer - for Free
Roy Aranda, Psy.D., J.D. & Robert S. Kassoff, Ph.D.
Sunday, September 14, 2014, from
Registration and Coffee/Tea 9:40 Sharp
St. John’s University, Queens Campus
D'Angelo Ctr (DAC) Room 416A
Walk-in/Public Transportation: Gate 5 - Union Tpke & 173 St. (Q46)
Car: Gate 3 (Utopia Pkwy & 80th Road) or Gate 4 Union Tpke & 173 St.and use Carnesecca Arena Parking Lot
Campus Map - http://www.stjohns.edu/sites/default/files/documents/140425_m1-9098_queens_campus_map.pdf
This program is sponsored by the St. John's University Postgraduate Professional Development Programs. St. John's University is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. St. John’s University maintains responsibility for this program and its content
Breafast and Lunch generously sponsored by
When & Where
Queens Psychological Association
The Home of Professional Psychology in Queens, NY.
OUR MISSION is to make Psychologists VISIBLE and VALUABLE through the successful practice, study and teaching of psychology
The of the QPA is to provide a collaborative and supportive context for advancing the educational, professional and social networking needs of psychologists working, living in or otherwise interested in Queens County, New York.
Dr. Bob Kassoff is President, Dr. Debbie Heiser is President-Elect, Dr. Leelawatte Popali-Lehane is Past President, Dr. Herb Gingold is Treasurer.