The Coworking Experiment
Monday, August 5, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EDT)
Definition of EXPERIMENT:
- An innovative act or procedure
- To try something new, especially in order to gain experiece
- A test that is made to demonstrate a known truth, examine the validity of a hypothesis, or determine the efficacy of something previously untried
To experiment is the life line of an entrepreneur, innovator, creative, influencer, change-maker. Without experimentation, we would all be stuck in time - never to improve, gain new experiences, learn, or expand our thinking.
What is the experiment about? Coworking
What is coworking? It's a collaborative work process based on the idea of individuals and small groups coming together at a location to work alongside each other - creating opportunities for synergies, making new connections, getting inspired, and generating business growth. It's the idea that being a part of a larger community of individuals that have common values, but different skills and perspectives result in increased happiness, productivity, and general awesomeness impacting the greater good. Coworking exists because working alone or in an uninspiring or unproductive environment sucks.
Who or What is the Experiment For?
- YOU: Anyone who is even a little intrigued by the idea of coming to an awesome and inspiring collaborative work space to work alongside a community of equally awesome people. Try on the idea of coworking to see what it is and if it fits for you and your work style. You might be an entrepreneur, freelancer, telecommuter, or cubicle dweller in need of a change of scenery and some inspiration. Get out of your home office, coffee shop, or boring cubicle and inject some awesomeness into your work day to see what good comes out of it. Maybe you like it, maybe you won't. But that's what an experiment is designed to figure out.
- The Co-Founders of Platform 53: We are two entrepreneurs trying to inject awesomeness into the way we work in Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky via a collaborative workspace we plan to open later in 2013. We have a vision and some hypotheses on how to achieve it, but we need YOU to help us test those hypotheses and give us feedback. We want to learn from you because you are the people we want to serve. We want to hear your opinions. We want to experience coworking for ourselves with people like you.
- You show up with your laptop and anything else you need to get work done for the day. If you have meetings in person or via phone, we encourage you to have them here. There is plenty of space to find a quiet and private area.
- We provide the internet, comfy furniture, inspiring environment, beverages like coffee and water (compliments of BOOST), FREE LUNCH (compliments of Coffee Emporium & Donatos), and a platform for you to voice your opinion and have a direct impact on the strategy for Platform 53's coworking space.
- We hope you can join us for the whole day 9am-4:30/5pm. But if you can't, you can join us from 9am-1:00 pm or Noon to 4:30/5 pm. In order for us to learn something from you and for you to fully experiment with coworking, you need to be present for at least a few hours. The reason you'll need to come at 9 or Noon is because we have a quick 15-30 minute intro planned at those times to kickstart the coworking experience. If you come in during a different time, you'll miss the full experience and it won't be a helpful experiment.
- Want to continue the experiment after 5 pm? Join us afterwards for a few drinks at the Horseshoe Casino across the street.
- Still have questions?? We encourage you to just give it a try, but feel free to reach out with questions as well.
Huge THANK YOU to BOOST for hosting this event in their loft space! Click on the link to see pictures of their amazing space you get to work in for the day. Trust me, you can't help but get inspired here.
NOTE: Eventbrite will send you a "ticket" when you sign up. However, you do not need to print or show these when you come to these coworking days. You will receive directions and parking instructions before the event via email.
When & Where
We are a platform from which entrepreneurs, small businesses, gig workers, and those with flexible work arrangements can run and grow their businesses, connect with others, and join together to make a positive impact. We provide the resources, community, connections, and opportunities difficult to come by when working alone. Later this year, we'll open up a permanent coworking space, but in the meantime, join us for events like this one to get a taste for coworking before we open.
Learn more at www.platform53.com