The Connecticut Economy
Friday, September 7, 2012 from 8:30 AM to 12:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Presented by CBIA, the Hartford Area Business Economists, and the Barney School of Business at the University of Hartford
Sponsored by BlumShapiro, CL&P/Yankee Gas, Cablevision & Comcast
- What are the challenges to doing business in Connecticut?
- When will we see a sustained economic recovery?
- How do decisions by the state legislature affect local businesses?
- What industries are adding jobs?
- What do you need to know to take advantage of the changing economy?
Join us September 7 and get answers to those questions and more from top economic and business experts.
- Keynote Speaker: Ryan Sweet, Senior Economist, U.S. Macroeconomics Team, Moody’s Analytics
- Featured Economists: Experts from the Hartford Area Business Economists (HABE) on how Connecticut can support economic and job growth
- Dr. Steven P. Lanza, Executive Editor, The Connecticut Economy, A University of Connecticut Quarterly Review
- Nicholas S. Perna, Ph.D., Economic Advisor to Webster Bank
- Dr. Susan Coleman, Professor of Finance, Barney School of Business, University of Hartford
- Alissa K. DeJonge, Director of Research, Connecticut Economic Resource Center, Inc.
- Moderator: Peter M. Gioia, Vice President and Economist, CBIA
- Panel discussion: The UMass Donahue Institute report, Connecting Connecticut: Cable’s Impact on the State’s Economy
- Charles M. Davidson, Director of the Advanced Communications Law & Policy Institute at New York Law School
- Martin Romitti, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Center for Regional Economic Competitiveness; former Director of Economic and Public Policy Research at the University of Massachusetts Donahue Institute
- Bruce Leichtman, President and Principal Analyst, Leichtman Research Group, Inc.
- William Check, Senior Vice President, Technology and Science, National Cable & Telecommunications Association
- You’ll also receive a free copy of the 2012 Survey of Connecticut Businesses, sponsored by BlumShapiro and presented by Tom DeVitto, Chief Marketing Officer, BlumShapiro.
Tune to WFSB Channel 3 or WTIC 1080 for cancellations due to inclement weather.