Presentation Overview: The complexity of caring for individuals who have sustained spinal cord dysfunction is a unique rehabilitation challenge. It takes highly skilled practitioners to provide a coordinated approach to care resulting in positive outcomes. The conference will highlight many of the medical and psychosocial challenges faced by the spinal cord team and offer the participant clinical strategies to develop expert spinal cord programming.
• The participant will be able to describe short and long term complications of sustaining a spinal cord injury.
• The participant will be able to identify a variety of care resources that aid in improving quality of life for the spinal cord injured individual.
• The participant will be able to apply a variety of treatment strategies to clinical practice.
Contact Hours: 7.5
Target Audience: Case managers, rehab nurses, social workers, psychologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, recreational therapists and speech language pathologists.
Satisfactory completion of the continuing education units consist of full attendance with monitored sign in/out forms and completion of course feedback form that includes self assessment of learning outcomes.
Continuing education units (CEUs) are pending approval by the:
• Pennsylvania State Board of Physical Therapy
This continuing education activity has been approved by the:
• American Therapeutic Recreation Association (ATRA) for 0.75 CEUs
• Commission for Case Manager Certification for 7.5 CE contact hours
• New Jersey State Board of Physical Therapy Examiners for 7.5 continuing education credits
An application for 7.5 contact hours has been submitted to Nursing Education and Professional Development, Einstein Healthcare Network. Einstein Healthcare Network is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the PA State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
NASW-PA Chapter has been designated as a pre-approved provider of professional continuing eduction for Social Workers (Section 47.36), Marriage and Family Therapists (Section 48.36) and Professional Counselors (Section 49.36) by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists and Professional Counselors. 7.5 CEs will be awarded for completion of this course.
Einstein Healthcare Network is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Einstein Healthcare Network maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
This course is offered for 0.75 ASHA CEUs (Various level, Professional area)
Speaker disclosures, conference invitation, agenda and other pertinent information can be found at www.mossrehabconference.com.