The Club500 Tour
Monday, April 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM - Thursday, April 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM (PDT)
No, we’re not going to see 500 Awana clubs…we’re going to see clubs who have an attendance of 500 or over.
Because—while there are many large Awana clubs in America, they are usually far from one another. They have unique challenges, and rarely do they even know of each other, to say nothing of having an opportunity to interact.
The Club500 Tour, starting in the Chicago area, will provide that opportunity. Hosted by Larry and Diane Fowler, you will get to spend two days with other large church /club leaders to share ideas, challenges, and find solutions together.
- Dinner and get acquainted at Awana headquarters, 1 E. Bode Road, Streamwood, Illinois. We realize some of you will be traveling all day, so this first evening is optional—but we will have a meal ready for you, and opportunities to mingle and get acquainted with each other and with key Awana leaders.
- Presidential Breakfast combined with the opportunity to hear from and interact with Jack Eggar, the President of Awana, and possibly Art Rorheim, our Founder.
- Orientation to the day's activities
- The Awana World Tour
- Travel by luxury coach to Appleton, Wisconsin to see the Awana ministry at Appleton Alliance Church. They have a club of over 700 children. You’ll be amazed by the creative techniques they have applied to traditional Awana principles. We’ll plan to meet with their children’s ministry and Awana leadership in the late afternoon for a tour, then have dinner with them early enough to see all that goes on in their club.
- A late trip back to Awana headquarters will give you a chance to debrief with one another—or sleep, whichever you prefer.
- Experience the Awana Ministry Meeting – the weekly staff get-together, when you will get an inside peek of the culture, heart, and happenings in Awana.
- Appleton Alliance debrief session
- Large Church Issues and Solutions – A time to interact, ask questions, or share your own expertise.
- A much shorter trip this day—to Harvest Bible Chapel in Rolling Meadows. This church has over 1,000 children involved in Awana in 5 locations. You’ll see their largest club. We will be hosted by their family pastor, tour their facilities, enjoy a meal with their leadership, and then have an opportunity to learn about how they handle multiple-site issues.
- Breakfast and head for home!
Our Awana headquarters building includes the Rorheim Training Center – 23 hotel rooms which are all reserved for attendees. That means that housing is included in the registration fee—until all the rooms are taken. In order to take advantage of this deal, you must be willing to share a room with another person (of the same gender, of course—unless you come with your spouse).
$299 for the first 40 registrants. This is an all-inclusive deal that covers all meals and housing from Monday evening through Thursday morning, and transportation during the event. This includes housing in the Rorheim Training Center.
$199 for registrants that either register late or choose to find their own housing. We can recommend hotels near the Awana headquarters and provide transportation to and from for the event.
Would you like your club to be featured in future 500 Club Tour events? Let Larry Fowler know of your interest! We are looking for excellent, large Awana Clubs – two in proximity to one another that meet on successive nights—for another Tour in the fall. If you respond, The Tour may come your way next!
When & Where
KidzMatter partners with those who minister to kids and families in the church.
432 E. Val Lane Marion, IN 46952
Customer Service: 877.568.2437