Every Thursday something magical happens in Cambridge. The Venture Cafe opens its self up to provide free beer (yes, literally free beer) and a place for like minded, awesome, people to network and meet each other.
This week we thought we'd spice it up a little bit.
Mobile apps are one of the fast growing phenomenoms in the business world right now - $6 billion dollars is spent on the App Store every quarter. (yes i said billion...)
We would love to help you understand the business side of mobile apps. What does it all mean? How and why do some apps get featured and others never even downloaded once?
How Long Is This? - Starting at 4:45pm
45 quick, engaging, and even fun minutes of mobile app knowledge (followed by endelsss free beer)
What Will You Learn?
- Best practices to maximize app revenue
- 7 ways to "Game" the App Store / Android Market to get the most out of the apps you build
- A bit about the innovation and change happening with platforms, analytics, and advertising.
- How to decide what apps to build, and what aspects to spend the most time on
Who Will You Hear From?
Jonathan Kay - Founder of Apptopia, Previously the Ambassador of Buzz at Grasshopper
Eliran Sapir - Founder of Apptopia, Previously the founder of GPush
- How to get the most out of the App Store and maximize revenue
- How GPush became the 17th most paid for app in the entire App Store
- How he created an app (Free-Time) that was featured by Apple 3 times, downloaded over 200,000 times, and was featured on media outlets such as CNN, Life Hacker, and the Next Web.
Will There Be Free Beer?
Yes. Of course. They do however ask you to Pay It Forward.
What Is Apptopia?
A marketplace that brokers the sale of mobile apps (in terms of ownership, code, users, etc). Think micro business acquisitions. We help mobile app developers have a legitimate exit strategy, while helping other entrepreneurs identify a great revenue / investment opportunity.
Reach out to Jonathan at Jon (at) Apptopia (dot) com with any questions / comments / concerns about this event or Apptopia
Part or all of this event is at the Venture Cafe located at the Cambridge Innovation Center, One Broadway, 4th Floor. Visitors to the Cafe must comply with Venture Cafe attendance policies (see www.venturecafe.net/credo/credo).
Have questions about The Business of Apps? Contact the organizer
Attendee List Sort by: Date | First Name | Last Name