The Business New Year's Eve Spectacular: Should Old Businessmen Be Forgot Edition
Ring in 2014 and say "Smell you later!" to 2013 with The Business' first New Year's Eve shows. On December 30th and 31, San Francisco's most acclaimed alt-comedy showcase is doing two shows each night, featuring Business members new and old. Make it your resolution to be here!
Why get blackout drunk in a sweaty dance club when you can face 2014 laughing until your spleen bursts? Spend the evening with the show that SF Magazine called the "rumbling epicenter" of San Francisco comedy.
The show features:
- Caitlin Gill, from NPR's "Snap Judgment," and about whom Tara Jepsen said "If hapless and fearless can occupy the same body, then it's in Caitlin Gill."
- Nato Green, former writer for "Totally Biased" on FX, and the creator of Iron Comic, the Iron Chef-spoofing comedy game show he co-hosts with Moshe Kasher
- Sean Keane, from SF Sketchfest and the Bridgetown Comedy Festival
- Anna Seregina (December 30 only), from the Cannes Film Festival short "Stepsister," as well as SF Sketchfest, the Bruise Cruise Festival, and KOFY TV 20's Creepy Movie Time
- Bucky Sinister, from Litquake, author of self-help books, recorder of comedy albums, and champion of ketel bells.
- Chris Thayer, from "The Pete Holmes Show" on TBS, and both the SF and LA editions of The Business.
We've got special guests and surprises in store for these special year-end shows. And as always, we promise there will be absolutely no Ryan Seacrest whatsoever.
"The ethos here is one of freedom and risk-taking. The variety, skill, and energy of the performers usually results in a show that's never strictly business." - SF Weekly, "Best of Sf 2012"
December 30: 7:00 pm and 9:30 pm ($10 in advance; $15 at the door)
December 31: 7:30 pm and 10:00 pm (7:30 - $15 advance, $20 door; 10:00 - $20 advance, $25 door)
When & Where
Voted 'Best Cheap Night Of Comedy' by SF Weekly in 2012, The Business is not something to miss. Jules Posner, Natasha Muse, David Gborie, Bucky Sinister, and Nato Green spearhead The Business: San Francisco, so stop by and say hello!
The Dark Rpom Theater FAQ
Can I Bring In Booze?
Nope! The Dark Room Theater is an all ages venue that could be shut down if the wrong people happened to see booze inside!
Aw... But Really?
Yes... Really and for realsies.
Where Are The Restrooms?
The restrooms are located past the stage, down the hall, red doors on the left.
So, Can I Use Them During The Show?
During the majority of performances at The Dark Room Theater we ask that unless it is an emergency you use the restroom before the show begins or after it has ended. Shows almost never run longer than one hour.
The Show I REALLY Wanted To See Sold Out Online! Help What Do I Do?
Shows at The Dark Room Theater have limited seating with a slightly restricted view available at the door, once doors open. Doors tend to open 30 minutes before the show's starting time. No tickets will be sold at the door before the doors open.
What If I Call/Email/Knock On The Door/Offer A Vial Of Blood AND/OR Unborn Child?
Still the same deal as above... Please don't do the last one.
I Keep Calling The Night Of A Show Because I Have Questions, Why Won't Anyone Pick Up?
Due to how frantic things can get as we gear up for our shows we turn the ringers off generally around an hour before a night of shows begins. Also, we don't like it when shows get interrupted by phones ringing. This means that if we have shows running until 12am, the phones are off until then. You can always send in an email, which has a far better chance of being noticed.