The Beall Business Innovation Workshop Series: Part 1, From Idea to Reality
Wednesday, July 10, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PDT)
Do you have an idea that is keeping you up at night? Think you can build a great startup?
Are you running an existing business that is need of some “innovation juice”?
Do you face growing competition and need to brainstorm ideas and initiatives that can change your prospects?
Led by Shervin Talieh and team, the "Idea to Reality Innovation Workshop" provides entrepreneurs and operators a hands-on experience in addressing these questions, using proven techniques from startups and management consulting.
The first 20 attendees will receive a free copy of “The Lean Entrepreneur”, the New York Times best seller by Patrick Vlaskovits and Brant Cooper. This is a $37 value! Limited supplies.
Participants will learn about:
- data-driven innovation
- addressing the "growth plateau" when it becomes harder to grow/scale to the next stage
- iterative, inexpensive and "hackish" methods for testing ideas
- framing the topic - why is it so hard to launch a new product, or make changes to an existing companies operations
- innovation at work - walking through reference examples of best practices
- working session - applying the learning’s to 2-3 ideas/challenges from the audience, in real-time
- how to get going - practical takeaways so you can apply these methods and start ASAP
Expectations & Prep:
- this is a hands-on session, expect to participate in Q&A and provide your input
- come prepared: think about your situation/idea and be prepared to discuss
For parking directions, use this map: http://www.parking.uci.edu/maps/imap.cfm?autolaunch=true&action=findBuildings&lotId=37&buildingId=8&kioskId=13&pt=V&pid=G3&pl=1&b=1&ik=1&cs=0&zw=0&pd=1
When & Where
Shervin Talieh, Melinda Kim, The Don Beall Center for Innovation, Version Zero Labs
Profile for Shervin Talieh: http://www.linkedin.com/in/shervintalieh
Profile for Version Zero Labs: http://v0labs.com/how/