San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Join us for an eye-opening seminar on how to catch the attention of the local media!
Do you know...
- The criteria the Charlotte media use to cover news?
- Why your news stories might not be picked up by a news organization?
- How to "Find the Story" inside your organization?
- How to write an effective press release that media will read?
- The importance of a follow-up call and/or email to pitch your story?
- Who to contact to make your pitch?
Schedule of Events for the Day:
8am - Registration & Networking (Coffee)
8:30am - 12:30 Art of the Pitch Seminar & Media Q & A (Lunch Included)
Topics : A) How to find the story in your organization
B) How and when to pitch to a reporter
C) How to write a well-crafted press release
D) 1 hour Q & A discussion with the media.
The Seminar is Hosted by Sarah Batista, Founder and Creative Director of Stories to Inspire (former reporter at WBTV) and Jim Quick & Patrick Pearson from BENHAM Media Group.
Special Charlotte media guests participating in our panel discussion and impactful "Ask the Media" Q&A include:
- Jacinda Garabito - Reporter/ Weather Anchor WCCB Charlotte
- Natalie Pasquarella - Anchor/ Reporter WSOC Channel 9
- Dion Lim - Anchor/Consumer Reporter NBC Charlotte
- Jeff Rivenbark - Reporter America Now
- April Bethea - Online Producer/ Reporter Charlotte Observer
- David Spunt - Reporter WBTV
- Patrick Pearson - PR Director/ BENHAM Media Group
- Francene Marie Morris / CBS Radio
Order tickets via Eventbrite:
When & Where
This event is being coordinated by concerned citizens in the City of Charlotte with help from First Baptist Church of Charlotte & NC Values Coalition