The Art of Darkness Scavenger Hunt at the Getty Center
The Getty Center turns gruesome for this hunt that will put you in the spirit of Obscura Day by exploring the creepy side of art. Artists definitely have a dark side, and you’ll discover it at your peril while searching for skulls and skeletons, hideous monsters, severed heads, horrifying devices, mortifying martyrs, cold-blooded killers, freaky beasts, and other assorted ghouls in the galleries. It’s ok if your skin crawls… just don’t let your team crawl.
Our hunts are team events, so grab your friends and sign up together. If you have less than 4 people in your group, you will be joined with others at the start to form a larger team.
WATSON ADVENTURES SCAVENGER HUNTS
Watson Adventures Scavenger Hunts use witty, tricky questions in fast-paced games that bring out the best in a city. Explore museums, neighborhoods, zoos and more with our wide range of acclaimed hunts, in New York, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles and beyond. Find out more!
- IMPORTANT: Parking fee is not included in ticket price.
- MEETING PLACE: After you park, take the monorail up to the museum “campus.” In the plaza near where you get off the monorail, look for a group of people and our MC in a burgundy cap that says “Watson Adventures.”
- MEETING TIME: Please arrive early and allow 20 to 30 minutes to park and take the tram up to the museum. The price of the hunt does not include the parking fee. Bring your e-ticket receipt to the hunt.
- DIRECTIONS: http://www.getty.edu/visit/The hunt takes place at The Getty Center Los Angeles.
- Terms & Conditions: Ticket reservations are non-refundable / non-exchangeable.
- WHAT TO WEAR: Be comfortable! Don’t carry anything heavy, and definitely wear comfortable shoes.
- EXTREME WEATHER POLICY FOR ALL HUNTS: In very rare cases, we may be forced to cancel a hunt due to severe weather. If a hunt must be canceled, we will send an email to the email address where you received your eticket. Additionally, we will have an announcement on the Hunt Hotline at (877) 9-GO-HUNT x12.
- WHO’S RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS EVENT? Watson Adventures LLC. This event is not sponsored by or affiliated with any museums or venues visited during the hunt. For more information about Watson Adventures, please visit www.WatsonAdventures.com. If you have any questions on the day of the hunt please call (877) 9 GO HUNT x12.
Obscura Day is an international celebration of unusual places, happening all over the world on April 28, 2012.
Visit ObscuraDay.com to see all of our 2012 events, and join the conversation on Twitter and Facebook.