San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Amazing Mind Race invites you to put your mind, body, and smartphone to the test. Teams of 2 to 4 solve puzzles, overcome physical challenges, engage their social network and race for Amazing prizes!
Join us at the Amazing Mind Race Headquarters (Wall St. Plaza) with your team, where you’ll be given a solution sheet with 12 Amazing destination(s) to solve for. Once the starting horn blows, you have until 5pm to complete The Amazing Mind Race. You'll need your brains, your smart phone, and your social network in order to find and/or tag the destinations as quickly as possible! Solve your solutions carefully, so you don’t get penalties!
Hundreds of Masterminds will consume Orlando to complete a variety of mental and physical challenges at destinations throughout the city. Your team is free to choose your own route or mode of public transportation as you travel The City Beautiful.
Once you have completed The Amazing Mind Race; it's time to celebrate! After completing your solution sheet, race back to the Amazing Mind Race headquarters and enjoy your free drink* while the AMR staff checks your solution sheet for accuracy. At 5pm, get ready for the awards ceremony where prizes will be given to the Best Team Costume, Top HOPE Helps Inc. Fundraiser and Top Three Finishing Teams. Grand Prize for the best net time is $500 cash or accomodations for your team aboard the Otown Party Cruise Endless Bar Cruise to the Bahamas*. And, we will cap it off with some great entertainment at The Amazing Mind Race street party at Wall St. Plaza. *Must be over 21
Sign up your team now with as few as 2 Team Members for the lowest possible price.
You can add up to a total of 4 people per team at any time. Pricing will increase on a Monthly basis starting June 1st and will be applied at the time each Team or Team Member is added.
- $25 per Team Member - After May 1st
- $35 per Team Member - After June 1st
- $40 per Team Member - After July 1st
- $50 per Team Member - Day of Event
Team's must have at least 2 Team Members, a team of 1 can not compete for prizes or awards so find someone to join your team to compete!
What you need to bring...
In addition to at least one Team Member you would be well advised to bring along the following on Amazing Mind Race day.
- Team Costume or Uniforms - not only could you win a prize for best costume/uniform it's just more fun this way!
- Your initialed and signed participant waiver - Don't you just love Attorneys?
- Comfy walking/running shoes - this is a race...duh!
- A smartphone - You will be asked to check into locations, tag posts in your social networks and/or take/post photographs or videos as part of your physical challenges. All team members must have a social network or you may be penalized time for not posting and tagging them.
- Pens or Pencils - if you plan to make mistakes...remember mistakes take time to correct
- Extra cash - some challenges may be more easily solved via financial means or you may wish to take public transportation between your destinations. NO PERSONAL AUTOMOBILES OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED, that includes your friends or parents mini-van!
- A bag, purse, satchel, backpack, briefcase, sock, or other means with which to carry your essentials and such.
Other sensible things to know...
What do you get for (insert registration fee you paid) Dollars?
- A trendy T-shirt - it tells everyone you are an Amazing Mind Race contender...More importantly it markets this event for future dates! :-)
- A finisher's Medal - all those who finish receive a medal - it should look nice on your shelf along side that 3rd place ribbon you got in your 8th grade science fair!
- A free Beer - You must be 21, but we'll buy you a beer for being such a great sport!
- Water - The secret to life, and approximately 57% of your body consists of it, drink it!
- Snacks - Every great mind and body needs sustinance, we will provide you with something to keep you on your feet after you finish the race.
- An absolutely Amazing Mind Race
I paid you now what?
- You should receive a confirmation email from Eventbrite immediately upon completion of your payment. If you want to add additional people to your team up to 4 total, you can do so by giving them your team name and password.
- Start winning the race right away by raising funds for HOPE Helps Inc.! Create your Donation's page and you can shave time off your finishing time. 1 second for every dollar raised will be deducted from your final finish time up to 30 minutes. Make sure your Donations page has the same team name as your Amazing Mind Race team.
- Bring your printed ticket or pull it up on your smartphone for scanning the day of the event. Each Team Member will be responsible for their ticket, we will not release the packet until all team members are scanned/checked in.
- Your team packet will be available at packet pick-up at 10am the morning of the race, organized alphabetically by team name. There you will receive your t-shirts and bib numbers. Everyone will receive their solution sheet at 12:00pm the day of the race immediately following the rules and announcements.
- The race will start very shortly after 12:00pm if you are still in line registering or not arrived we are sorry the clock is ticking so arrive early!
- We must be prepared to score and rank those finishing the race after 2pm so we will not be able to serve registered guests attempting to get packets between 2:00 and 5:00pm.
- After 5:00pm if you failed to join us for the race prior to 2:00pm and you still wish to pick up your packet for a lasting memory of your tardiness you are welcome to do so.
- It's a big time saver to print off the waiver and come with it initialed and signed, so it is ready to go! This will save you and everyone else a lot of time waiting in line. For our super-prepared racers, below is the waiver to download, read, print, initial and sign:
What do you have to know about Orlando?
- Nothing - This is why you have your smartphone! Do you really need to know anything anymore if you have your smartphone with you, other than how to use your smartphone?
How physical is the race and the physical challenges?
- You Decide - Teams can participate at their own pace and most physical challenges that may be extreme will have an alternate choice that may take less physical but more time consuming effort.
Must you have a team?
- Yes - There is no I in team, or Amazng Mnd Race, so bring a friend, get a friend, or buy a friend for the day. Teams consist of 2-4 Team Members.
How/What kind of Social Network is required?
- Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Foursquare, etc. - You will be challenged to use your Social Network to complete and get credit for certain challenges. This will require posting of photos, videos, statements, or check-in's with specific hashtags etc. So, if you want to be prepared be sure to know your common and basic Social Network tools!
Can I sponsor an/the event?
- Yes - There are all sorts of opportunities to get involved in various ways. Email us at email@example.com for information on sponsoring.
Are there any Marketing/Partnership opportunities?
- Yes - see previous response re: sponsoring
Are there any Volunteering opportunities?
- Yes - Volunteering for this event is being coordinated by our sponsored charity HOPE Helps Inc. You can volunteer by clicking this:
or contact them about volunteering for this event at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I get other questions answered?
- Email us at email@example.com
How to prepare before the race
How do I raise funds and reduce my time?
- To raise funds you must go to The Amazing Mind Race DONATIONS page and create the same team named page as your Amazing Mind Race team.
- The Amazing Mind Race DONATIONS page is in the email your received upon registration.
- Promote your team via email, social networks, etc to raise as much as you can for HOPE
- For every dollar raised before 8/18/14 we will subtract 1 second from your finish time up to a maximum of 30 minutes
- It's as easy as finding 30 or less people to donate $60 or more to reach the maximum time reduction or a single donation of $1800 will do the trick!
- But, don't stop there, the team that raises the most money for HOPE will win an Amazing prize!!!
This is what you should prepare for on Amazing Mind Race Day...
How do the solution sheet(s) work?
- Teams are given an envelope that contains the twelve solutions you must complete to locate destinations on the race.
- The solution sheet will contain a mixture of puzzles, some physical and others mental. You will have the option to skip one of the 12. However, some solutions will be clearly marked as MANDATORY.
- Failure to complete any MANDATORY solution will result in disqualification.
How long is The Amazing Mind Race?
- It Depends - The amount of time it takes will vary from team to team based on knowledge, skill, and physicality. The distance you will travel will also vary depending on the route and form of transportation. Plan to be on your feet all day and walking/running 5-8 miles or more.
What types of solutions will need to be solved?
- There will be a variety of solutions to be solved. The primary categories are as follows:
- Social Challenges - perform or complete something socially awkward or that otherwise requires cooperation from the general public
- Puzzles - crosswords, word searches, or mathmatical baffoonery
- Physical Challenges - anything from daring to skilled to down right frightening, our only commitment is that our physical challenges will be within reason to be completed by a reasonably fit person.
- Brain Teasers - get your thinking cap on for these riddles or mathmatical mind stumpers.
- Inaccurate or Incomplete solutions will be penalized by adding 30 minutes to the team's finishing time.
- You must have at least 11 accurately completed solutions including all MANDATORY solutions.
- Once you have crossed the finish line teams are not permitted to re-enter the course to solve inaccurate solutions.
- It is the team's responsibility to bring all the required proof of completion for all solutions to the finish line for scoring as indication on the solutions sheet.
When and where do I show up?
- Please arrive at Wall St. Plaza in Downtown Orlando after 10am on race day but at least 30-60 minutes prior to Noon.
How do I get my packet?
- Packets will be available for pick up after 10am on race day. They will be arranged in alphabetical order by team name. Team names starting with the words "the" or "team" will be in order by the first letter in the word immediately following it. e.g. "The Blue Barnicles" will be under the letter B.
What if there is bad weather?
- The Amazing Mind Race occurs rain or shine provided the weather is not threatening to the the lives of the participants and volunteers working the event. We reserve the right to postpone or cancel the event due to inclement weather or otherwise unsafe circumstances with no guarantee of refund for the safety of yourself and our staff. But you won't melt in the rain, you aren't that sweet and neither are we. Check the weather and prepare accordingly.
When & Where
Orlando Pub Crawl
Since that time we have hosted some of the best and the largest pub crawls in Orlando like The Crazy 80's Pub Crawl, I Love the 90's Pub Crawl, The St Practice Day Pub Crawl, and The Get Lei'd Luau.
OPC hosts roughly 15 events a year in Orlando that range from 300-2000 people per event.
OPC prides itself on creating a truly unique way to experience a night out in Orlando.
In addition to monthly crawls, Orlando Pub Crawl LLC also provides special events throughout the year. This includes such great events as group pub crawl cruises. OPC also works closely with different local charities to benefit the community on select events. We are a firm believer that you must first do good before you can do well. In December, we host our signature charity event The 12 Bars of Christmas Pub Crawl to benefit the Hope Foundation in Central Florida.
OPC is hopeful that it’ll become more than just a static online environment, but more of a “pub crawl community” where crawlers from across the Orlando area and other cities can congregate and share in the fun that is Orlando Pub Crawl.